itunes podcast sync

moot

Reaction score
Hi, is there a program that offers podcast syncing with itunes on my Motorola droid? I realize Salling is an option, but the free version is quite slow having to sync 4 gigs of podcasts whenever a single podcast is updated.

I have also heard people mentioning double twist, but from my searches on various forums, they do not yet have a working podcast sync function.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. As I said in my original post, the free version of the software erases the playlists you have previously synced and starts a fresh sync each time. The paid version is quite pricey and I would rather avoid having to used a paid app if there exists an alternative.

ldimick

Reaction score
I am sorry. I read your original post on my phone and did not pay as much attention as I should have. I am watching this thread though because I agree with you.

I would like to see Salling add a media player so that true iTune-type sync can occur.

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
I hear double twist may include podcast sync at some point. Anyone have an idea or estimation when this might be the case. Other suggestions will also be greatly appreciated.

ldimick

Reaction score
One of the problems with any sync service is that the players do not create bookmarks that can be sync'd back to the PC. To me that is a major strength of iTunes.

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
One of the problems with any sync service is that the players do not create bookmarks that can be sync'd back to the PC. To me that is a major strength of iTunes.

Did not realize this was the case. It is look like I'll have to cont. carrying around my ipod touch.

KarenElissa

Reaction score
You can use the Mediafly app on your phone to download them. They also have a website that syncs with the app, so if you want to listen on your computer, you go there. And it does remember where you are at, even across platforms. It has a few glitches, but I've been happy with them for the most part and they are REALLY responsive to e-mails and comments in the forums. There is a free version for audio podcasts or a $.99 version for audio and video.

lschicky

Reaction score
You can use the Mediafly app on your phone to download them. They also have a website that syncs with the app, so if you want to listen on your computer, you go there. And it does remember where you are at, even across platforms. It has a few glitches, but I've been happy with them for the most part and they are REALLY responsive to e-mails and comments in the forums. There is a free version for audio podcasts or a $.99 version for audio and video.

Mediafly updated their software, and now offer the audio & video together for free. Though It seems to be laggy, and issues with downloading the podcasts. But that could just be my phone.