It's lost root

Reaction score
I recently just lost root 10 min ago from the update to .173 if I use rsd lite and flash to .744 do I loose my apps and everything? I thought I flashed once and it kept all my stuff but I'm not sure?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

You will not lose your data or apps if you fastboot back to 744.

eidian

Reaction score
I recently just lost root 10 min ago from the update to .173 if I use rsd lite and flash to .744 do I loose my apps and everything? I thought I flashed once and it kept all my stuff but I'm not sure?

You will keep all of your apps. Jungle King explained that the fastboot file simply restores all of the files present when the phone is new--it does not wipe and replace the whole system.

2.3.6 ver 174 rooted with NO problems

Last edited:

droidoesall

Reaction score
You will keep all of your apps. Jungle King explained that the fastboot file simply restores all of the files present when the phone is new--it does not wipe and replace and the whole system.

Thanks a bunch. That's what I did before I fast booted with rsdlite and I wasn't sure if my memory was right. Ill probably get on that as soon as my fiance gets off her lazy ass and makes me a sandwich so I can take the computer away

eidian

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch. That's what I did before I fast booted with rsdlite and I wasn't sure if my memory was right. Ill probably get on that as soon as my fiance gets off her lazy ass and makes me a sandwich so I can take the computer away

LOL...I am SO not commenting on your fiancee remark.

droidoesall

Reaction score
Ha. I just added that for some comedy. I grabbed the laptop and she started crying because she is trying to plan stuff for the wedding. HA

droidoesall

Reaction score
Ha. Sort of. Its her laptop and has pink all over it. What she really doesn't realize is that it would be broken by now if I didn't use it and maintain it. Also she wouldn't have all the nice programs that she uses if I didn't pirate them for her. Muahahaha