It's lost root

furbymac

Reaction score
OK so I lost root for the .173 update. Any way to get it back? Doom lords zero rush v4 doesn't work no mo :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mattrock

Reaction score
lost as well

OK so I lost root for the .173 update. Any way to get it back? Doom lords zero rush v4 doesn't work no mo :(

Not sure whats up. Lost mine as well after update an hour ago. Any help would be great.:blink:

terrym041

Reaction score
I am pretty sure you could flash back to .744 with rsd lite and then root and install voodoo rootkeeper then upgrade to .143 and you will have your root on .143. I did some reading before i updated and learned of the voodoo app. I just updated this morning and i still have my root. If you really want root that should work it will just require doing some home work. BTW I have not tried this its just an idea.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I am pretty sure you could flash back to .744 with rsd lite and then root and install voodoo rootkeeper then upgrade to .143 and you will have your root on .143. I did some reading before i updated and learned of the voodoo app. I just updated this morning and i still have my root. If you really want root that should work it will just require doing some home work. BTW I have not tried this its just an idea.

You mean .173, correct?

Reaction score
+1 for voodoo root keeper. The 173 update was leaked a while ago and it was a known issue that as if right now there is no way to root that version. You have to be rooted and use the root keeper before upsetting to 173. It does work. I am currently on the leaked version 174 (comes after 173) and rooted after using root keeper.

swallman

Reaction score
Damn...I figured that this version would be rootable as well so didn't bother with rootkeeper. Oh well, live and learn lol. I guess if I need root back I'll have to work on flashing back to 744...

Agoofydiver

Reaction score
So I take it from what I've read that since I already have 2.3.6/6.12.173 from taking part in the soak test, that now I have to go back to the previous version in order to root for the first time? I attempted to root today and the application files fail to install. That why?

Reaction score
So I take it from what I've read that since I already have 2.3.6/6.12.173 from taking part in the soak test, that now I have to go back to the previous version in order to root for the first time? I attempted to root today and the application files fail to install. That why?

Yes. If you want root, you will have to roll back to 748, root phone, use root keeper, then install ota again.

melfunn

Reaction score
Yes. If you want root, you will have to roll back to 748, root phone, use root keeper, then install ota again.

Thanks JK 76. You answered my question that I had posted on a different thread.

abrarey

Reaction score
quick question. How do you roll back on the Razr? Any post that explain the process, thanks!!!!

Reaction score
quick question. How do you roll back on the Razr? Any post that explain the process, thanks!!!!

If you go to droidrzr.com they have thread that tells you how to roll back without having to do a full flash back to stock 744. It is a zip file that you easily flash through stock recovery. Very painless. If you are not a member, you will have to sign up in order to see the links for the downloads.

abrarey

Reaction score
Thanks, let me try that!!

If you go to droidrzr.com they have thread that tells you how to roll back without having to do a full flash back to stock 744. It is a zip file that you easily flash through stock recovery. Very painless. If you are not a member, you will have to sign up in order to see the links for the downloads.

droidoesall

Reaction score
I recently just lost root 10 min ago from the update to .173 if I use rsd lite and flash to .744 do I loose my apps and everything? I thought I flashed once and it kept all my stuff but I'm not sure?