itchin for a change, hows Chevys SS?

jloya

Reaction score
Im currently running tanq 2.5.7 (I kno a tad bit old) but its running stong. Everything works and I have no issues. Ive customized to quite a bit so its been perfected to my liking...

however since doing this various other ROMS have come out...the two that have caught my eye are Apex and Chevy's.

My question to you guys is since these 2 ROMS have been released (paticularly Chevy's) what has your experience been. Biggest thing for me is a smooth running ROM with good battery life. I use more phone for tethering, texting, email, web...gaming is pretty much angry birds and fruit ninja.

soooo pros and cons to chevys ROM? hows it compare if you just came from a tranquility based ROM?

thanks for the input....I really dont need to change for any particular reason i just like playin around...who knows maybe its better??

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
out of 53 views nobody can share their experience with SS on the X?

i find that hard to believe ;)

scott021467

Reaction score
Had Rubix installed when Chevy dropped SSX and I am very happy I made the switch. A few small easy to correct problems but very happy. The looks are great too, still have not themed it. Only thing I did was to add the blue Swype keyboard update.

I have not tried Apex yet and after loading SSX I think I will be keeping it for a while.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
Had Rubix installed when Chevy dropped SSX and I am very happy I made the switch. A few small easy to correct problems but very happy. The looks are great too, still have not themed it. Only thing I did was to add the blue Swype keyboard update.

I have not tried Apex yet and after loading SSX I think I will be keeping it for a while.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the input, which rubix version did you come from?

randyb69

Reaction score
I have personally tried every rom other than tranquility. I would say I enjoyed apex and ssx best of them all. Rubix is awesome, just prefer apex more. Ssx has a nice style to it with the blue theme he uses. I also like the scripts available by using his tools section. If u want plain old droid go apex. If u want some collor go ssx

scott021467

Reaction score
Rubix focused 1.0 and just could not deal with the problems I was having. It is a really fast rom and I hung in for a while but just too many issues for me. But, I do keep up with its progress and hope Drod works out the bugs as he has done alot of really great work already.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
Rubix focused 1.0 and just could not deal with the problems I was having. It is a really fast rom and I hung in for a while but just too many issues for me. But, I do keep up with its progress and hope Drod works out the bugs as he has done alot of really great work already.

gotcha,

I gave Rubix 1.6 a try and so far im liking it....only issue is that the multi touch keyboard keeps FC...pretty much when its enabled I get a FC message every 2-3 seconds

thankfully I have vlingo installed so im currently using there keyboard until theres a fix...i liked my modded multi touch though....

im thinken after I get this set up to my liking ill flash it and give chevy SS a try

oh rubix 1.6 is also undervolted so its suppposed to get a better battery life but we will see

EDIT: what issues were you having with rubix 1.0?

luv2increase

Reaction score
I gave Rubix 1.6 a try and so far im liking it....only issue is that the multi touch keyboard keeps FC...pretty much when its enabled I get a FC message every 2-3 seconds

Did you install the multi-touch keyboard separately because Rubix 1.6 doesn't come with the multi-touch keyboard? It comes with the AOSP Android keyboard which is awesome! :)

I decided to give Chevy a go yesterday. Its speed just like all the other ROMs just can't hang with Rubix so I restored my Nandroid backup of Rubix 1.0.

So far, Rubix 1.6 feels just as fantastic as Rubix 1.0. I'm having no problems whatsoever. I love it :)

Last edited:
OP
J

jloya

Reaction score

Did you install the multi-touch keyboard separately because Rubix 1.6 doesn't come with the multi-touch keyboard? It comes with the AOSP Android keyboard which is awesome! :)

I decided to give Chevy a go yesterday. Its speed just like all the other ROMs just can't hang with Rubix so I restored my Nandroid backup of Rubix 1.0.

So far, Rubix 1.6 feels just as fantastic as Rubix 1.0. I'm having no problems whatsoever. I love it :)

really??? I had no idea Rubix had its own keyboard, I guess when i did a titanium backup of everythin from my old ROM onto this in transferred the key board?

could you possibly send me the file for the AOSP keyboard??

so far ive been liking the change from tranquility to rubix its a noticeable difference

Boblank

Reaction score
I have tried most roms for at least a few days. SSX has a great look and is fairly fast. Coming from rubix, I really got used to the aosp that it provides. After using ssx I couldnt help but miss that. For someone who doesn't mind some blur its awesome. For me not so much. . Imo. . . Back to rubix 1.6

Shawn2774

Reaction score
Installed SS without issues, did not wipe. This is a great ROM! If you have seen any of Chevy's work from the D1, you will not be disappointed in this!

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So this begs the question ...

Does ANYONE like the way the X is?? Or do they all want a D1 with a large screen? I could certainly create a ROM that was much more AOSP - just not sure why people are so interested in pretty much a D1 on a DX

Shelooga

Reaction score
So this begs the question ...

Does ANYONE like the way the X is?? Or do they all want a D1 with a large screen? I could certainly create a ROM that was much more AOSP - just not sure why people are so interested in pretty much a D1 on a DX

eh, having had both, and ran your stuff on both, i still prefer the x. theres some stupid little apps like city id and dlna that i like. plus camera options like panoramic and all the other hardware in it. x may not be much of an upgrade, but i still think it is worth it. using swype cures any anxiety i had about losing my hard keys

mcsinfl

Reaction score
I like the blur apps. I don't like the widgets, but I like how all messaging is pulled into one. I agree with Shelooga

Ty0294

Reaction score
I think that a mixture is best. Mainly aosp, with some blur features. Like the camera/email/maybe social networking.

The main reason we like aosp is for speed and things. Also, could you look at scaling settings etc and maybe do some more battery tweaks? I've currently done some scaling stuff myself and yes not every droid can take the same but low voltage 900mhz is pretty good for my battery.