Issues with losing unlimited data by upgrading to Bionic online?

coyote_5

Reaction score
I switched to Verizon on 7/6 to lock in unlimited data and I bought my own Palm Pixi to use while I waited for the Bionic. I was just goofing around on the Verizon website and went to purchase the Bionic. When I add it to the basket, I get a popup that tells me I need to change my data plan to one of the new non-unlimited ones. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm going to contact Verizon now to see what's up, but I was just curious if anyone else had that experience at Verizon's website.

Impact9

Reaction score
When I bought online I still had my unlimited plan from Alltel. It did say day some features had to be removed. I called up and the rep said they just changed names. Later on I double checked and it still shows me as unlimited.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

idefiler6

Reaction score
Best idea is to have one store you go to and make friends with the staff or manager...

Well even without friends you can convince them to keep the plan the same.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Best idea is to have one store you go to and make friends with the staff or manager...

I have no friends.
Nobody likes me.
But I still have my unlimited data :p

Just call *611 and they'll figger it out for ya.

OP
C

coyote_5

Reaction score

Right, but I shouldn't have to be convincing them of anything. We were promised that we wouldn't lose unlimited data when upgrading a current smart phone to another. In any event, I think the issue may be that unlimited data isn't an available choice online anymore so the system doesn't want to allow you to have it.

FuturePrimitive

Reaction score
I didn't even have to bring it up (but I did anyway). I bought mine at a Verizon store and when I did ask she said oh of course you keep your unlimited, not even a question. I did go through the online process as well all the way up to the end (except for that last click!) and it also showed unlimited. You shouldn't have any problems either online or instore.

HTC1

Reaction score
I was on 2 GB and somehow have unlimited now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums