Verizon Support: 3G Customers Upgrading to 4G After July 7 Can Keep Unlimited Data

mike02vr6

Reaction score
By the time the bionic hits there is going to be 5g
+100^^^^

pretty funny,
thanks preach for the update. pop herald says dont worry it will be out in time to lock in unlimited....yeah right but they do say it

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
By the time the bionic hits there is going to be 5g
+100^^^^

pretty funny,
thanks preach for the update. pop herald says dont worry it will be out in time to lock in unlimited....yeah right but they do say it

There has been a rumor on another Forum by this guy that work at Best Buy!!!

Here is what he said:
DaBlackMamba: I work in a Best Buy Mobile in Jersey, and i had an interesting visit from our district VZW rep. She primarily came to discuss the new "customer friendly data packages" and whatnot. However, after some conversation, i blatantly asked her about the Bionic and Droid 3. To my surprise, she said without hesitation "i'd put my money on july 14th for the d3, and the bionic a couple of weeks after that".

I was skeptical at first, but she then proceeded to give my team and I our study guides for the capped data, and showed me pictures of her motorola training for both devices. She said there are 5 confirmed devices coming to VZW, one being a tablet. Believe me or not, I strongly believe in what she was saying is true. I'll try to take pictures of all of this tomorrow or tuesday, whichever day she comes back. In the mean time, have faith!

When asked about Owning a 3G phone now, and "Upgrading" to a 4g Device after 7/7??
This was his reply:
DaBlackMamba:You will be able to keep your unlimited data. I specifically asked her that question about 3g to 4g because my wife currently has the droid 2 and i was worried about the same thing. The study guides she gave us have this info. However, be careful. She flat out told me and my team to tell customers they need to change their plan. I love verizon service and the verizon people i've worked with, but to them its all about the money.

As for your new every two, they'll also honor that just make sure it doesn't expire. And unfortunately we don't honor new every two credits at Best Buy :[

EDIT: I'll try to get those pictures for you guys asap.

Take it for what it is worth.. If he post Pictures I will post it here.

das2042

Reaction score
I hope that's the case! I'm tired of spending 3 hours of my day on average checking these sites about info on a phone I've wanted for what seems like ever. My rooted Droid 1 that's over clocked to stop the terrible lag just needs to be put to rest. My impatience has me going to sprint to play with the evo 3d but my intelligence keeps me from switching to them. I don't know how much longer I can take this agony.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

malicious_a

Reaction score
I hope that's the case! I'm tired of spending 3 hours of my day on average checking these sites about info on a phone I've wanted for what seems like ever. My rooted Droid 1 that's over clocked to stop the terrible lag just needs to be put to rest. My impatience has me going to sprint to play with the evo 3d but my intelligence keeps me from switching to them. I don't know how much longer I can take this agony.

my buddy is on sprint and got the 3D the day it came out. I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty freaking sweet. HTC did really well with Sense. The network and maintenance for Sprint however, leaves a lot to be desired. He was complaining about the 3G speeds (Sprint is way behind VZW in 4g implementation here) and that they've had tickets open for faulty towers for months..etc..

Interestingly and not related, we both ran Quadrant Standard side by side. My D2 scored 1951, and his 3D only scored a 2049 or something close to it. dancedroid

Reaction score
Wheeerreee arreee the leaks of pics vids and benchmarks by testers... arghghghH!!!!! Whats with all the vzw/moto loyalty? = )

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

my buddy is on sprint and got the 3D the day it came out. I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty freaking sweet. HTC did really well with Sense. The network and maintenance for Sprint however, leaves a lot to be desired. He was complaining about the 3G speeds (Sprint is way behind VZW in 4g implementation here) and that they've had tickets open for faulty towers for months..etc..

Interestingly and not related, we both ran Quadrant Standard side by side. My D2 scored 1951, and his 3D only scored a 2049 or something close to it. dancedroid
I can testify 2 that-i have a tour(sprint)she has an older blkberry(vzw)-vzw kicked my TAIL!!!The only thing i won was my screen is clearer-TAKE THAT VZW-U AINT ALL THAT!!!!LOL!!!! :cool:

Last edited:

vzdroid13

Reaction score
Well I guess those of us who've already jumped on 4g don't benefit too much from this. Unfortunately, this also means that 4g phones will stay up in price. That will probably push some customers to get another 3g phone instead of moving to 4g. Most people won't even realize what they are losing, they just know they're getting a phone for alot cheaper.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

trailblazen

Reaction score
like I said on that other forum preach was refering to. I was able to confirm with a CSR today that the information I received last week that prompted me to jump on a Charge was false and I do NOT have to be on a 4G by 7/7 to be able to use my upgrade and retain unlimited since I already had 3G Unlimited. SO because of this my Charge goes back to the store thursday when I go do my wifes upgrade (she isn't waiting for bionic, just wants a Xperia Play) and I reinitialize my Storm 2 to wait out the last month for Bionic. Funny thing the CSR I talked to this week kept apologizing for what last weeks CSR told me and prompting me to buy a $300 phone + accessories.

mike02vr6

Reaction score
ok got the Eris, not bad for a 60 hold me over til bionic drops phone. a little slower than I had expected but I can always fix that later. Well lets hope the bionic comes soon. Now I just gotta find the droid forums app....

Enter

Reaction score
Here is what he said:
DaBlackMamba: I work in a Best Buy Mobile in Jersey, and i had an interesting visit from our district VZW rep. She primarily came to discuss the new "customer friendly data packages" and whatnot. However, after some conversation, i blatantly asked her about the Bionic and Droid 3. To my surprise, she said without hesitation "i'd put my money on july 14th for the d3, and the bionic a couple of weeks after that".

I also heard this. Well not an exact date but a rep for Verizon/friend said the middle of July, however, they were talking about pushing it sooner because of all the negative publicity for the Bionic and because they don't want Bionic sales to be effected if the D3 is highly successful. Which means they want more time in between the releases, hence the earlier D3 release and the Bionic is very close to being completed. Then he started telling me about the conspiracy that Motorola wanted to release a little before even news came out about an iphone 5 release date and that is what they were waiting for, upgrading the Bionic in the process. It made sense to me because companies have released "unfinished" phones before like the Thunderbolt but can easily be fixed via upgrading the software and not the hardware.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Here is what he said:
I also heard this. Well not an exact date but a rep for Verizon/friend said the middle of July, however, they were talking about pushing it sooner because of all the negative publicity for the Bionic and because they don't want Bionic sales to be effected if the D3 is highly successful. Which means they want more time in between the releases, hence the earlier D3 release and the Bionic is very close to being completed. Then he started telling me about the conspiracy that Motorola wanted to release a little before even news came out about an iphone 5 release date and that is what they were waiting for, upgrading the Bionic in the process. It made sense to me because companies have released "unfinished" phones before like the Thunderbolt but can easily be fixed via upgrading the software and not the hardware.

This is what DaBlackMamba shared today This what was given to The Best Buy Mobile Employes:

2011-06-28%2009.20.14.jpg

2011-06-28%2009.20.30.jpg

2011-06-28%2009.20.49.jpg

Jenrenee2

Reaction score
Sounds feasible

It seems like "the 14th and a couple weeks after" could be true. If you look at all the release dates, they are all on Thursdays. But then again, this could be my own wishful thinking b/c my Droid 2 is on its last leg.