Issues with international text messaging

Ralffers

Reaction score
I have a lot of family & friends abroad, & it's obviously important to me. Prior to switching to Verizon I was on a U.S. based gsm network, so sending texts internationally was never an issue. However, when I recently switched to big red it was a problem right out of the gates; mine weren't being sent or received & visa versa. Fortunately, activating [free] international dialing it fixed the problem entirely. A few weeks later I installed handcent on my phone, & suddenly the problem reappeared. At first I thought Handcent was to blame, so I uninstalled it - nevertheless the problem persists. Albeit, I'm able to send text [which are received], but texts sent to me are not.

I just got called VZW & asked them if they changed anything on their network/system - no. So, I'm perplexed... Furthermore, I was told that there is nothing that Verizon could do - since my text are being received. I was told that I should have my friends & family call their carriers to see if anything was changed on their end. But all these people are on multiple networks - and I doubt all of them suddenly made changes to their network simultaneously which would prevent texts from being sent to the U.S.

Any ideas and/or suggestions?...

Ving

Reaction score
Have your family and friends stored your number as a full international number?

OP
R

Ralffers

Reaction score
Have your family and friends stored your number as a full international number?

Yes; their texts were coming through before just fine. Furthermore, even if I send a text, & they hit 'reply' on their phone, it still doesn't go through.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk