Texts messages not going through to certain people?

wirezd

Reaction score
I've been able to send texts to a certain friend for years now back and forth. Since Saturday, she hasn't been receiving only my texts, yet can receive anyone them from everyone else. I can receive her messages however. I can send texts to anyone else and they'll receive them, though. I've tried using both the default messaging app and handcent but neither produced any luck. She hasn't blocked my number and both of us are completely clueless as to what the problem is. She's on AT&T and I'm obviously on Verizon. Any ideas please? Need this to be fixed soon.

OP
W

wirezd

Reaction score
Bump...any help? Please...? :icon_eek:

atomaly

Reaction score
i have something that's not working in the opposite way.

seems some iPhones can't send me messages, but they are receiving mine,
they in turn have to send MMS messages to me.

rang Optus and they said the people with the iPhones are the ones having the issues, as their messages aren't hitting the server at all, even though their phones are telling them they're sent.

saclaus99

Reaction score
I am having the same exact problem. It doesn't matter which network the other people use - one is Verizon and the other is Sprint - but the texts are immediately bounced back to me.

minh5942

Reaction score
I have same problem too. I always able to send text to my close friend. For some reason now she can not receive my text. I have no problem received text from her. Called Tech. support for both phone everything check out ok. For this particular friend I have to used Yahoo to text to her. I think there is network problem on phone carrier. Don't know what to do. Anybody have any suggestion. Thanks in advance.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Well I can honestly say y'all have presented an issue I have never heard of before. If it was all one way or the other then I think I could come up with a solution.

I am going to move this thread to the Rescue Squad General section because it appears to be involving a couple of different types of phones as well. Hopefully one of the RS will have some suggestions for you.

atomaly

Reaction score
turns out a factory reset of my phone fixed it.
apparently it "bars" a number after a certain amount of texts..
samsung galaxy s fault on the optus network.. since the factory reset and upgrade to 2.2 froyo everythings been fine! :)

lockman

Reaction score
Wifes D1 was having this problem intermittently with texts to my phone. FWIW, Had her *228 option 2, and reboot. Fixed it.

jnashr

Reaction score
Ugh, having this same issue....except we are both on Verizon. She has the Incredible and I have the Thunderbolt. She can't receive my texts, but receives texts from others, including texts from my google number.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I can honestly say y'all have presented an issue I have never heard of before. If it was all one way or the other then I think I could come up with a solution.

I am going to move this thread to the Rescue Squad General section because it appears to be involving a couple of different types of phones as well. Hopefully one of the RS will have some suggestions for you.

Don't come herre much do you? ;)

It's talked about from time to time. I've never had an issue. I did notice that the OP mentioned AT&T was one of the people. That solves that issue. The others I don't know about.

I've seen this kind of complaint on Blackberry's as well. I have no explanation, I just don't think it's device related.

jnashr

Reaction score

Don't come herre much do you? ;)

It's talked about from time to time. I've never had an issue. I did notice that the OP mentioned AT&T was one of the people. That solves that issue. The others I don't know about.

I've seen this kind of complaint on Blackberry's as well. I have no explanation, I just don't think it's device related.
Yeah, it was a pretty common issue with ATT in the past (different phone), but I am really having a hard time figuring out the verizon to verizon issue.

jnashr

Reaction score
Well, after about 20 hrs the problem resolved itself. No changes to the phones but my texts are now being received. Still would like to know what caused the breakdown.

Last edited:

Camaros_Kill

Reaction score
I have a friend with a droid 2 thats having the issue where texts wont send to certain specific contacts. I had her try the *228 option and she said it worked for one text then they wudnt send again. She is gonna edit a contact and take out the "1" prefix on their number and try that, but are there any other ideas? Or maybe an explanation as far as what caused this to happen to her phone? Thanks in advance

Mtvod

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have same problem. My husband isn't getting any of my texts. I get his texts, but he doesn't get mine. This just happened about 3 days ago. We both are on Verizon. I have Samsung S5, he has S6. Help, please!