issues with fission...swype got deleted!

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
okay so i was trying to change the theme to the gingerbread theme a bunch of times, and it kept going into a boot loop, so eventually i decided to just re-download the entire ROM from start (wipe data+cache) (previous was using the black out version, switched to gingerbread version) so after i did that, everything worked. BUT SWYPE IS GONE!!!!! i don't get why its gone, it never went away before, and yes i did not back it up b.c i didn't think i had to :icon_evil:

-using 2.6.1

anyone have any ideas of what i can do? open to suggestions...

p.s.-tried installing swype beta (had it on OG droid) and it kept force closing

Last edited:

kickyindahead

Reaction score
okay so i was trying to change the theme to the gingerbread theme a bunch of times, and it kept going into a boot loop, so eventually i decided to just re-download the entire ROM from start (wipe data+cache) (previous was using the black out version, switched to gingerbread version) so after i did that, everything worked. BUT SWYPE IS GONE!!!!! i don't get why its gone, it never went away before, and yes i did not back it up b.c i didn't think i had to :icon_evil:

-using 2.6.1

I dont know if the fission rom manager gears itself towards your specific phone .. i dont know how it works .. but i have an option to download an addon for d2 global swype . . hope that helps ..

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score

-using 2.6.1

I dont know if the fission rom manager gears itself towards your specific phone .. i dont know how it works .. but i have an option to download an addon for d2 global swype . . hope that helps ..

:icon_eek: totally didn't see that at all in the rom manager...thanks :)

kickyindahead

Reaction score
No problem... always glad to help when i can. Major noob to the android system but what i do know now is leaps and bounds more than i knew when i first started playing with it a month ago. dancedroid