Issues w/ Android 2.3.3/4.5.596 (Official Gingerbread OTA)

jsb5717

Reaction score
Ditto

I'm having issues with the dialer after the update to GB. Sometimes when I try to place a call it immediately flashes "call time 00:00" on the screen and hangs up. I thought maybe I accidentally pressed the "end call" key but after trying it seven or eight times in a row making sure not to accidentally end the call I gave up. Pulling the battery seems to fix it but it's rather irritating. :mad:

Also after the update, apps seem to be disappearing from my home screens. They don't disappear from the phone altogether. They're still in the "my apps" list on the market as well as settings --> applications --> manage applications. They're just not on the home screen anymore.

Never had these problems before GB. Anyone else see anything similar? :confused:

Ditto here. Exactly the same issue with the dialer. I don't pull the battery. I turn the phone off and restart. It works fine after that.

RE: the missing icons - same here. I think that this happens with I connect the phone to my computer. When connected the computer mounts the SD card, making it unavailable to the phone while connected. It looks to me that any apps that are stored on the card are affected and when disconnected from the computer the icons for those apps are gone from the home screen although still available via the app drawer. For some reason the link is broken and doesn't restore upon disconnect from the computer like it used to pre-update.

pikachu

Reaction score
Im having backlight issues, particularly when using facebook. Also the refresh rate seems to have gone down - but that might be my eyes playing tricks on me due to the almost strobe like effect of my backlight :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BP83

Reaction score
OTA update - frozen phone

I just updated my stock Droid X and the home screen is constantly black. I can only see the service and battery life status bar at the top and nothing else. Pulled the battery twice and icons will show up initially, but then goes black/unfunctioning. Ideas?

anemrac

Reaction score
Sounds like the install was not complete. During my install my phone was like that for a few minutes. I mashed some buttons, but luckily got distracted before I managed to interrupt the install. You'll probably have to take it to a store to fix.

Strobe effect: is this happening when your battery level is fairly low?

-anemrac

JackJuice

Reaction score
Anyone have an issue when listening to pandora? My screen sometimes turns off and I can't get it to come back. Forcing me to do a battery pull.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I have the same problem with Google Music Beta. Any ideas?

NicT

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one with bad luck.... I could text but when I clicked contacts and tried to look at the info it would go to the home screen. It also has the issue when I connect to the comp. I use Go launcher and it would automatically go back to GB launcher when I disconnteted it. I figured I would wait until most of the bugs were worked out so I'm back on Froyo running Darkslide 4.2

lark214

Reaction score
My phone is doing the same thing. Yes the only thing that fixes it is a battery pull. Will this problem be fixed in the future. I am not rooted and never have been. This seems to be the only problem since I upgraded to gb.
The problem with the dialer showing O:00 end of call. It happens several times.

Last edited:

tednness

Reaction score
Something else I've noticed that I didn't mention in my previous post... What's up with the random restarts? My X is sitting on the desk in front of me and all of a sudden I see the red moto logo appear on the screen.

After all the anticipation and repeated checks for the update I have more problems now than I ever did on Froyo. I thought system updates were meant to improve things.

NicT

Reaction score
So does this still happen if you flash a rom on .596? Has anyone tried that?

debrad0307

Reaction score
So does this still happen if you flash a rom on .596? Has anyone tried that?

can't do that on OTA GB. they would have to SBF back to froyo and flash the .596 2 part install then see if they have the same issues. IMO i would go back to froyo and get the .596 that is offered here. it is rooted and has less bugs. there is no reason to deal with verizon/motorola and their crappy developing.

NicT

Reaction score
I might try that...I already sbfed back gotta do it again cause I'm on Darkslide now

debrad0307

Reaction score
I might try that...I already sbfed back gotta do it again cause I'm on Darkslide now

yes, you'll have to SBF back to stock froyo, root, backup, then download the 2 part install, get the D2 bootstrap, reboot into recovery and install the .596 2 part. i have a link with the install instructions here some where.

Hermes

Reaction score
I'm really getting tired of my browser force closing. Anyone else experiencing this?

Why the heck did I update... I should have known better.