Issues w/ Android 2.3.3/4.5.596 (Official Gingerbread OTA)

elittos

Reaction score
Well, I now have an idea of what's going on, just not sure how to fix. If I look at the accounts that are setup on the phone, my corporate Exchange account is not listed (odd since I can send/receive e-mail). When I try and add the account, the phone thinks the account is already there (that explains the e-mail).

Anyone have any thoughts on how to remove what is not there?

anemrac

Reaction score
When it brings up the list of recent apps, tap on the word Recent and a menu will come up where you can select to view all apps. The same can be done when you hold down the home key. Long pressing the home key will always display the recent list first, but once you change it to All on the app drawer, it will stay on that option.

...I'm trying to figure out the Facebook and exchange problems.

-anemrac

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I've decided to wait until an optimized ROM comes out. If I have to flash back to the original sfb why not.

Hiker5208

Reaction score
If you tap the word Recent, you should get a listing of the groups available. One of those will be all apps. You can create new groups from there as well and by long pressing on the group from the list, you can even copy that to the home screen.

I created one for the games I play and cut down a lot of the clutter on my home screen.

Anemrac-
Thank you for the reply Hoem screen works as you described. However, the button in the lower right (I presume you mean the dock), brings up the recently run applications, not the app drawer.

Any thoughts?

Migamix

Reaction score
camera setting bug

Am I the only one who still has their camera default to WS instead of 8MP no matter how many times I change it?

nope, noticed that too, it seems to happen after a reboot (power off /on) and if the task is killed....this would just mean settings are not being stored in a proper way....(or that setting is not allocated properly)
but the other settings do stay...i do like the no shutter tone option
rather annoying since widescreen setting is nothing but the 8mp setting with the top and bottom cropped off....
like steve jobs likes to make iPhone users do...ill have to live with it

Migamix

Reaction score
sorry guys, just looking for some help here. Went to update to gingerbread and now i'm stuck at red circle with a white m and it wont let me go into recovery. Any suggestions?? I have a feeling i'll be heading over to verizon on my lunch. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

i had this isuue...i had rooted at one time...
fixed it by re SBFing the thing...
even made a little blog about it

Droid X OTA Gingerbread problem, caused by rooting? « TERMINAL INTERFACE

cal47

Reaction score
Still had problems

I updated on Saturday and had nothing but problems. Pulled battery several time because of phone freezing. Contacted level 2 tech support and they had me do a factory reset, didn't help. They contacted Moto to see if I could go back to before the update and was told no. Now tech support decided to send me another phone. Hope I don't have the same problems.

Migamix

Reaction score
I updated on Saturday and had nothing but problems. Pulled battery several time because of phone freezing. Contacted level 2 tech support and they had me do a factory reset, didn't help. They contacted Moto to see if I could go back to before the update and was told no. Now tech support decided to send me another phone. Hope I don't have the same problems.

main question is...did you ever root, or attempt to root your DX :motdroidvert:
the only reason i ever wanted to root mine was to put all of my ringtones onto the internal memory...and maybe walpapers and other stuff as i dont know ANYONE who will ever use 8gigs of internal storage with alot of buggy apps...i never had luck with that...even with permissions set to allow writing to that directory...
seems this rooting was the main cause of my temp bricking... it may be worth trying out my blog suggestions...as it seemed to work first time go round...
i only wrote the blog to put all the helpful info into one place.... and how i did it

fakiesk8r333

Reaction score
Text Message Issue

Is anyone having any tet issues. Whenever i go into the text messaging app and click the plus icon and begin to type in a name or number it kicks me back to the previous screen. Cant text at all.

AtrixBogie

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm writing to you all, kindly requesting any information and/or help with some issues I am having with the (official) Gingerbread OTA (.596). Please note that I've had an unrooted/stock Droid X, and that I received the OTA update yesterday at about 12:13AM. For those of you that have received the OTA update, have any of you noticed the following (although minor to a few, but may seem significant):

(1) When one views "Accounts," one's Facebook account is no where to be found (i.e., it's not displayed); however, when you try to "Add account" and choose "Facebook," one gets, "You can only have one active Facebook service account at a time." w/o one's Facebook account visible under "Accounts," how then can one go about modifying and/or removing an existing Facebook account?

(2) Contact pictures are still NOT syncing properly and/or updating accordingly (provided one has his/her contact pictures provided by Facebook).

(3) Although the UI of the keyboard has been modified via the update, does anyone find it a bit laggy when typing?

(4) Unlock screen still with delay and/or pause when unlocking.

Please know that any comments and/or help would be very much appreciated. I hope you are all (or will be) enjoying Gingerbread!
I am having the same problem Pnoy82. I have noticed the following problems:

1. When I go to accounts, only my google accounts are listed (in Froyo Facebook would be listed). If I click on "Add Account" both the pre-installed Facebook app and the market version, Facebook for Android App are there. There is a small green check mark on the pre-installed app (I am assuming that means that the account is added) and if I click on the pre-installed app it comes up with the same "You can only have one active Facebook service account at a time." If I try to click on the market version Facebook, nothing happens. This leads to the second problem, which is:

2. You cannot disable the pre-installed Facebook account from "My Accounts" (assuming it is enabled given the little green checkmark).

3. When I go into contacts, both my google contacts AND Facebook contacts are showing. I have gone into "Display Group" and check ONLY my google contacts (Facebook is not even option - most likely related to the issue above), however it does not change. I have 178 contacts in my google/gmail account. I have 383 contacts showing up under "Contacts"

4. When I try to link Facebook contacts and google contacts in my contacts, there is not link option (like there was on Froyo). I have many double entries for people because of people using different names on Facebook than what I have them entered in my google contact as

Any ideas?

I'm also having the same exact problem as Pnoy82 and rgregl with my Facebook and Picasa accounts. I'm using Motorola Atrix 4G, Version 4.1.83. Has anyone successfully resolved this account integration / disintegration issue?

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Anyone have an issue when listening to pandora? My screen sometimes turns off and I can't get it to come back. Forcing me to do a battery pull.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

tednness

Reaction score
I'm having issues with the dialer after the update to GB. Sometimes when I try to place a call it immediately flashes "call time 00:00" on the screen and hangs up. I thought maybe I accidentally pressed the "end call" key but after trying it seven or eight times in a row making sure not to accidentally end the call I gave up. Pulling the battery seems to fix it but it's rather irritating. :mad:

Also after the update, apps seem to be disappearing from my home screens. They don't disappear from the phone altogether. They're still in the "my apps" list on the market as well as settings --> applications --> manage applications. They're just not on the home screen anymore.

Never had these problems before GB. Anyone else see anything similar? :confused:

Jaimeelynn

Reaction score
Pandora sucks after gingerbread update

Im having an issue on my DROIDX where pandora will play part pf a song or even 5 or 6 songs then my screen goes black and the phone reboots...? whats going on :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil: i rely on my pandora to keep me sane at work! please help me out i tried to uninstall and reinstall and do battery pulls but its just a waste of my time!

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I'm having issues with the dialer after the update to GB. Sometimes when I try to place a call it immediately flashes "call time 00:00" on the screen and hangs up. I thought maybe I accidentally pressed the "end call" key but after trying it seven or eight times in a row making sure not to accidentally end the call I gave up. Pulling the battery seems to fix it but it's rather irritating. :mad:

Also after the update, apps seem to be disappearing from my home screens. They don't disappear from the phone altogether. They're still in the "my apps" list on the market as well as settings --> applications --> manage applications. They're just not on the home screen anymore.

Never had these problems before GB. Anyone else see anything similar? :confused:

Ya I had issues with the dialer as well. But mine just hangs up on people... never had the 00:00 thing. Also I lost a lot of icons as well. Then I moved apps to my SD card and the app icons disappeared too! Ugg it might be time to swindle vzw for a DX2 and do an update from the wire rather than OTA GB.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Migamix

Reaction score
Im having an issue on my DROIDX where pandora will play part pf a song or even 5 or 6 songs then my screen goes black and the phone reboots...? whats going on :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil: i rely on my pandora to keep me sane at work! please help me out i tried to uninstall and reinstall and do battery pulls but its just a waste of my time!

As I was reading the email about this post....I was listening to local files on the stock music player...and guess what happened...reboot .....more to the point....boot loop....demanding I rip the case off and pull the battery.... this will not do...period...motorizon....you better be listening to us....you already lost a zoom sale from me.....THE EVO HAS NONE OF THESE PROBLEMS. ( their main issue is netflix no longer works.....where...we never had it in the first place)
I was optimistic and even tried helping many ppl with their DX issues...
Motorizon ...you have two weeks...then im buying my way out of contract ...and going. EVO ...As you can tell...im at work...loud office...and my sanity is gone