Issues w/ Android 2.3.3/4.5.596 (Official Gingerbread OTA)

blick332

Reaction score
I got update and everthing is glitchy??? phone keeps getting hot and killing my battery. My notifications will not mute while im using my alarm clock app. Google maps forces closed ect... why release an update if it isn't ready??? MY Droid X is stock!!!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Backup your data and do a factory data reset. It should fix your problems.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

CP6608

Reaction score
What app do you recommend for backing up data if you are not rooted. I want to factory reset my wife's phone, but she doesn't obviously want to lose her data from the apps? I have used Titanium before, but it requires root. Any ideas?

sweenbeen

Reaction score
What app do you recommend for backing up data if you are not rooted. I want to factory reset my wife's phone, but she doesn't obviously want to lose her data from the apps? I have used Titanium before, but it requires root. Any ideas?

Yes. Id like to know as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

missconduct

Reaction score
Completely Effed up my phone

I woke up to find an update message on my phone. Droid X unrooted, bought new. Anyway, after I updated, I received a couple of error messages that wouldn't go away. One was something to do with voice something or other, they flashed so fast on the screen I couldn't really read them. My phone was kind of bricked. I couldn't power it off, pulled the battery about a hundred times. Went onto safe mode. Finally had to do a complete wipe. The phone has been screwy ever since.:icon_evil: