Issue with tethering apps in 2.2 for droid

Precision

Reaction score
i use easytether pro for my tethering needs to my computer,

i use to tether for 6+ hours straight with no problems or disconnects on android 2.1.

Now that i have andriod 2.2, i dissconect every 15 or 30 minutes. (30 minutes happens the most)

There was a post about this in a thread here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/66621-motorola-android-2-2-update-suspended-8.html

it's the second post on the page, he's having the same problem as i am, and i have no idea what causes it.

so i contacted the developer of easytether, and we had a long email conversation, eventually he sent me a debugging version of easytether, and told me to reproduce the problem with that easytether instead. the only problem is, the one he sent me can't even connect to the internet.

he brought up "Stay awake" in one of his emails, and i was wondering, if it's possible that i could check "stay awake" and then manually turn my screen off, while getting the same benefit of "stay awake" such as no disconnects.

The same exact issue happens with PDAnet to. within a span of 30 min.

i just started testing it out about 30 mins ago, while the stay awake is checked, the screen is manually off. i haven't disconnected yet, but then again i have not logged on WoW since i started testing. on android 2.1 i'd play wow for like 6 hours straight with no DCs. and now with 2.2 i DC to often for it to be even enjoyable.

so yeah TL:DR,

can i gain the same effects of "stay awake" such as the phone never dropping internet connection as if the screen were on, while i have the screen manually turned off?

OP
P

Precision

Reaction score
The Motorola Droid, on the market for nine months, was once the Android poster child but now faces speculation that Verizon and Motorola will stop selling the thing in favor of new models like the Droid X and Droid 2. Signs that my beloved Motorola Droid is already falling out of favor include the fact that it was not the first phone to receive the much-hyped Android 2.2 update - Google's Nexus One received that honor, despite being discontinued shortly after its release. More tellingly, perhaps, is that Verizon stripped two of the key features out of the 2.2 update for Motorola Droid.coupons and deals..

uhm, keylogger?

HamDog

Reaction score
I use PDAnet and it has worked fine for me with FRG01B manual update. But I never use it for that long of a period, maybe to just check some web pages.

After reading your post, I just hooked up my phone to my computer using PDAnet and have started my brokers stock trading program. I'll leave it running and see if I can get it to last more than 1/2 hour.

Stay tuned....

HamDog

Reaction score
Was alive in my PDAnet connection for 45 minutes and then it lost the connection. I had to turn off pdanet on my phone and restart it again and then connect via my computer. I can't say if this was also the case under 2.1 as I never ran it for that long.

Hope this helps somehow.