Issue with assigned notifications and ringtones.

Sutakodomo

Reaction score
The music files that I put on my phone as well as the Ringtones/ Notification tones from apps seems to play after I restart or unmount my SD card but after that I cannot get them to play reliably, they seem to play sometimes. When I go to the music app it kind of freaks out and starts going through all the songs (Not playing them just popping up in the play screen then going to the next song). And if I try to access them in Astro it says "Unable to play this type of audio file".

Last night I set my alarm ringtone, it played this morning (good), I got a call with the person's assigned ringtone (good), then the next call had the stock ringtone (bad).

And when I go to a contact or notification setting the ringtones I have assigned have sometimes been changed around.

Any ideas?

ilikefishes

Reaction score
The music files that I put on my phone as well as the Ringtones/ Notification tones from apps seems to play after I restart or unmount my SD card but after that I cannot get them to play reliably, they seem to play sometimes. When I go to the music app it kind of freaks out and starts going through all the songs (Not playing them just popping up in the play screen then going to the next song). And if I try to access them in Astro it says "Unable to play this type of audio file".

Last night I set my alarm ringtone, it played this morning (good), I got a call with the person's assigned ringtone (good), then the next call had the stock ringtone (bad).

And when I go to a contact or notification setting the ringtones I have assigned have sometimes been changed around.

Any ideas?
Iam having this exact same issue and it is so annoying. I am to the point I just want to get rid of all the ringtones and have the god dang thang just ring normally. What is the point of a smartphone if it is STUPID!

scubba82

Reaction score
Annoying

Same here. I have the Mabilo and Zedge apps for ringtones from the market. I have assigned certain callers ringtones from Mabilo - fine - the correct ringtone shows up in their info - the ringtones are in my android ringtones, but in settings, I have my default set to one tone and this is what comes through for everyone whether I have a different one set or not. I cannot seem to find an answer as to how to fix this anywhere. Just may go into the verizon store and have them give me a tutorial! Unless I can find an answer sooner...

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I have an issue where sometimes custom ringtones for my contacts get changed to something else... today I just noticed some had been changed to SONGS from my music library... strange. Maybe it had to do with me changing my default launcher today, I don't know.

As for some of the other issues, maybe some of you guys don't have proper folders set up on your card? You should have these

\Music\
\media\audio\notifications
\media\audio\alarms
\media\audio\ringtones

The phone then only shows the files from those categories, where you want them. Still, I've had the issue I mentioned above more than once... which is strange because my music never shows up in the ringtone list, since I have this folder structure set up.

It seems making certain changes to the phone might somehow trigger these problems, but it's still a mystery. It could be related to certain apps that add/change ringtones. I recently added some soundboard programs, most of which have an option to save the sounds as ringtones. Maybe those are corrupting the settings.... again, unknown at this time.

scubba82

Reaction score
Ok went to Verizon today. The tech had the Incredible. I was there for almost an hour and he still couldnt figure it out. He said MOST LIKELY HTC would be coming up with a fix. So thats it - its an issue that needs a fix. So we gotta get with Verizon to fix it. PIA is what I say...

hifall

Reaction score
Any updates on this thread??? This IS STILL happening!!!

scubba82

Reaction score
same issues

Any updates on this thread??? This IS STILL happening!!!

Hey - sorry - didn't want to leave you hanging. But I have since fixed this issue on my phone. Let me get back to you though - gotta search my posts so I can copy and paste the solution for you...

scubba82

Reaction score
Ringtone Issues

Okay, this is the thread to the post. It is through htc that I had posted my solution. Not sure if you need to sign up to be able to view the thread or not, but if you do, you really should as it is a 'buttload' of information throughout all the forums!
Let me know if this helps with your individual issue...
This is what I do: I have the Mabilo Ringtones app. When I find a ringtone I want, I download it and it saves to another app I have - Astro - which is useful for your SD Card - In Astro, it saves to a folder called COM, open that up, there is the Mabilo folder, you open that and it shows all the ringtones you have downloaded from the Mabilo app. From here, I long press the song I want, press copy, back out to the sdcard folders, go to my Media folder (which I created just to keep things a little organized), which goes to my Audio folder, then from there I have ringtone and notification folders, go to my ringtone folder, press menu, edit, then paste. This puts the ringtone into this folder. From there I can assign the ringtone to who I want. I also assign it to who I want from the Mabilo app as well. It then shows up in the phone's ringtone program in settings. This is probably a lot of work, but it does work for me - maybe someone out there has a better way of doing it that they could share...

Custom Ringtones - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC (Verizon) - Android Forums - HTC Community

hifall

Reaction score
scubba82, thanx for the update but this does not appear to be the solution I need. My ringtones are already in the correct folder on my phone but some of them will not play while others will only play the currently selected default ringtone when you click on them. Perhaps I'm on the wrong thread.......:mad:. Whatever the case, thanx for the update!!

Ymari

Reaction score
I used zedge app for my notification ringtones. It assigns str8 from the app. Just look for zedge in the market apps

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums