Is X2 worth it

bonomonster

Reaction score
I have a Droid X now and am very happy with it. Mostly because I rooted it and customized the heck out if it. I'm wondering if the X2 is worth the upgrade? One of my biggest complaints with the X is the battery life. Is that any better with the X2?

steelersfan

Reaction score
From what I heard the x2 is ok but I'm not sure if there is a big dev communuty for it. If I were you I would get the droid bionic when it comes out on sept 8th instead. It is dualcore and 4g lte plus it will probally have a good dev community. Also it has already been rooted.

D2G CyanogenMod7

Insidious

Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents: I have an X2 and I like it. Not the GREATEST phone ever but the screen is nice, cameras nice, and so is the battery life. It has a few very nice roms but I would say go with the Bionic. The blur is a little newer, camera/screen is a little better (from what I've heard, and its 4g lte. 100 dollar price difference will be worth it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
I wish i never got a dx2 im comming from a og dx my battery life was way better on my dx easily get 20 plus hours with moderate use and it was rock solid ide get the reboot ever now and then but that was nothing compared to this dx2 yesterday it wouldent stop rebooting on me untill i did a battery pull and sometimes the screennever turns off unless i manually do it the only good thing about the dx2 is the speed its really fast

shep938

Reaction score
DX2 is a piece... Wait and get the Bionic. In the first 10 days of owning my DX2, i went thru 3 phones. I had charging issues, manufacturing issues, shutting off random...Alot of people will tell you that "My DX2 is the greatest phone ever"..and i seen even more say its a piece ...its up to you but i would wait and see how the Bionic plays out. If you have 4g in your area, id go wit the Bionic. If you dont have 4g in your area yet, go wit a 3g phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

wendee2150

Reaction score
DX2 is a piece... Wait and get the Bionic. In the first 10 days of owning my DX2, i went thru 3 phones. I had charging issues, manufacturing issues, shutting off random...Alot of people will tell you that "My DX2 is the greatest phone ever"..and i seen even more say its a piece ...its up to you but i would wait and see how the Bionic plays out. If you have 4g in your area, id go wit the Bionic. If you dont have 4g in your area yet, go wit a 3g phone.

I love the big screen, but it's not a pocket-friendly phone if you get what I mean. I had almost 0 issues with the X2 before the GB upgrade (which I lusted after!) Unfortunately I now have a laundry list of issues that range from slightly annoying to major frustration. That being said... This is my favorite phone ever. :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

downtheory

Reaction score
Talk about starting to feel regret for getting an X2 as a replacement for my X. They wouldn't just give me another DroidX.
That's...just great. I've seen one negative thing after another about the X2, this is gonna be a rollercoaster ride I bet...

Gotta say I definitely appreciate all the threads, it's been eye opening to say the least. :)
Guess I'll be posting my troubles soon enough.

OP
bonomonster

bonomonster

Reaction score
Wow.... definitely a lot to think about. I was gonna jump on the buy one get one deal with Verizon. That coupled with a $50 incentive I have would have got me two X2's for $150. Seeing as I have 2 lines available for upgrade it seemed like a no brainer. I'm surprised the X2 has that many issues compared to the first X. I haven't had any problems with my rooted droid X running gingerbread but it would be nice to have more speed, memory, front facing camera, and better battery life. The only thing I'm disappointed about is the lack if 4G. I know the Bionic has all that but that's a hefty price rag at $299.

downtheory

Reaction score
Well unfortunately the Droid X2 doesn't have a front facing camera, or a physical camera button on the side like the original DX.

But yeah, you're right, it is a lot to think about.

I haven't even received my DX2 yet, will be here tomorrow morning, but I'm already thinking of cancelling or sending it back ASAP without even bothering to activate it. I mean my Droid X1 still works, but I'm gonna have to buy the physical buttons online somewhere and crack her open and fix it myself. The only real reason I'm having it replaced is because the volume buttons rocker is broken, can't listen to music or hear phone calls...

OP
bonomonster

bonomonster

Reaction score
I thought the X2 had a front facing camera. And I didn't realize it was missing the camera button. I thought the outside was identical to the X aside from a camera next to the ear piece.

I think im gonna to spring for the Bionic and hand my X down to my wife. That leaves me with another upgrade I can use later.

Theot

Reaction score
I love my X2. Running a custom rom now that works really well and getting great battery life. Ran the pre-rooted GB for awhile and froze the bloat and the phone ran great. Call quality and 3g speed and signal have been great and the phone is nice and fast.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums