droid x2 worth it?

kmusmc

Reaction score
I currently have a DROID x, which has done me well for nearly 2 years. I hit my upgrade point
and I am curious whether the x2 is the right choice, I am still very happy with my x, however more
speed and less issues with the recent software update would make it worth my while.

gthotie5

Reaction score
Try looking into the RAZR if you really want an upgrade.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

rbreyes

Reaction score
Not worth getting another Motorola phone, if you ask me. I've gone through the OG droid, droid x and droid x2, and they've had problems of one sort or another. I've had to exchange every last one. I'd say wait for the Samsung Nexus and get that.

OP
K

kmusmc

Reaction score
DROID-Xer, are you sure 15 months? I got this phone 6 months before I left to Afghanistan, so closer to 17 months, but hey you feel empowered "calling me out" anyway, point is I am due to upgrade, my x has been reliable, what's so great about the nexus and the razr? Thanks for the input

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL relax bud the -> :p menas its a joke. The X came out in July of last year. BTW thanks for serving our country bud! Much appreciated.

Wongway

Reaction score
I've had the OG Droid (I still miss that phone in a way...)
Played with the Droid X
and now have the Droid X2

Personally, I don't believe the X2 is worth upgrading from an X... there isn't that much better from one to the next. It's an incremental upgrade at best when there are even value line 4GLTE phone(s) out now. You'll probably get the most bang for your buck looking at another phone. Bionic, maybe... or if you're looking to go away from Motorola, I'd definitely look into the Nexus that Verizon is getting here very soon.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Now that the RAZR has been announced, it would be MUCH smarter to get that phone over the X2. It has a guaranteed upgrade to the newest android version out there (Ice Cream Sandwhich 4.0), is just as thin (in fact, i think a little thinner!) has 4G built in (X2 is only 3G), and is basically the exact same shape as the X and X2, so if you liked how your X felt in your hand and the nice big screen, the RAZR is right up your alley.

The only thing that might stop you is the price. When the RAZR comes out it'll be $299. I was just in the Verizon store the other day with my GF and saw that the X2 is now just $99.

mthorn79

Reaction score
Get the Razr, out of all the other phones I've owned (OG Droid, Inspire, Thunderbolt, Captivate & Triumph), this one by far is the best. I've always been a big fan of the X, except the physical buttons at the bottom which kept me from getting it...I always had wished they made a phone that looked exactly like the X but with capacitive buttons & they finally did. Plus like someone mentioned before this is 4G, X2 is not...even if you don't have 4G in your area you may soon enough. Another big turnoff was how the X lineup acted with Motoblur, did not like it. With the Razr I can't even tell it's there, it might as well be vanilla Android...Moto has hit a home run with this phone.

I highly recommend...oh & as another stated about getting the Nexus...unless you want a phone that feels plasticky/cheap go ahead...if you want superb build quality & ultra sleek design, pick Razr.

Good luck.

Cryptodigital

Reaction score
i recently upgraded to droid x2 and highly recommend it... the only downside I can see is no LTE but i didn't want it eating up my battery so i went with the x2. galaxy nexus and razr have lte so you are looking at faster speeds but less battery life when lte is enabled. they look like sweet phones, as does the bionic but again that is 4g... if you don't want or need lte i recommend the x2. i browse on it everyday and watch youtube videos and play tegra 2 games on it and it performs outstandingly. if you do get the x2 i also recomend the multimedia dock which connects to tv/monitor and turns the phone into anpc like experience. let us know what you decide. :)

Mike8016

Reaction score
I would get the bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk