Is this possible?

moot

Reaction score
Hi there,

A colleague/roomate of mine is being unexpectedly and indefinitely called out of the country for an emergency. He will be going to Japan, where, to our understanding, his Droid will be of no use to him. He purchased his phone online 2 days ago and has left the country tonight, and his Droid has yet to arrive.

He didn't have time and didn't want to deal with returning the phone (he is understandably more preoccupied with other things), and is planning on accepting whatever charges they punish him with. I told him I would give him 150 bucks for the phone, but he said I should just use take it. Will I be able to use the phone, in case mine dies (I don't have warranty)? Or should I just return it for him.

CatsTide

Reaction score
i would just return it.i think it would be a 35 dollar restocking fee at the most but if you explained the circumstances chances are that they might waive that.

skiahh

Reaction score
If it's a military deployment, I think Verizon may waive any charges and if not, there may be other options/rights he may have.

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
I thought as much. Thank you for the reply. I'll see if I can return it for him, maybe simply decline the package, and just have it sent back directly.