Is there any idea how wide spread the camera clicking issue is?

mjs31

Reaction score
I know there are models that have it, including someone getting back to back ones, and others that don't have the issue. Has there been anything said on what percentage have the problem? Not talking about the software side of things...just the hardware issue.

23.5 hours to go :icon_ banana:

pilot25

Reaction score
I've been to virtually every Droid forum and review site and every single one of them say the camera is a joke. However, in many of the videos you don't hear the clicking sound that we will be looking for tomorrow. I'm guessing it's isolated but, nevertheless, until they have a software patch I wouldn't expect to be using the camera for still pictures anytime soon.

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score
I've been to virtually every Droid forum and review site and every single one of them say the camera is a joke. However, in many of the videos you don't hear the clicking sound that we will be looking for tomorrow. I'm guessing it's isolated but, nevertheless, until they have a software patch I wouldn't expect to be using the camera for still pictures anytime soon.

Yep...I understand that one and have not had an issue with that. I feel it will be corrected soon enough since they are pushing the 5+mp camera thing in their adds. My concern just lies on the hardware side.

Funny though...I did read at least two reviews that said the camera showed great colors and tones. Strange!!!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some people take whats on the screen for what it is, they will look at the screen and say well that looks like a crappy camera, when they didn't even snap a picture and open it on a normal computer or even on the phone to see what it came out like. It's like taking a Polaroid and not letting it develop first. Then saying you can't see anything and it's a terrible camera.

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score
Some people take whats on the screen for what it is, they will look at the screen and say well that looks like a crappy camera, when they didn't even snap a picture and open it on a normal computer or even on the phone to see what it came out like. It's like taking a Polaroid and not letting it develop first. Then saying you can't see anything and it's a terrible camera.

Agreed. I have no doubt the software issues will get fixed and the camera will be fine.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Agreed. I have no doubt the software issues will get fixed and the camera will be fine.

Heck I can't count how many times on my normal camera I will snap a shot or look at the shot in the view finder and it looks down right HORRIBLE. But once I open it up on my computer i'm like.. WOW! That came out great.

Jason

Reaction score
I don't think the Camera is bad at all. I think people are disappointed because they put their expectations too high but from what I see on the Video reviews its better than most phones including my Voyager

xjman349

Reaction score
Engadget
Take a loot at some shots engadget snapped. The close up shots seem to be the issue. Distance shots look AMAZIN!

SQFreak

Reaction score
Engadget
Take a loot at some shots engadget snapped. The close up shots seem to be the issue. Distance shots look AMAZIN!
For another example, I took some shots with mine at the Bruce Springsteen concert in Charlotte, NC on Tuesday night. They're on my Flickr page. The ones that look terrible and are small were taken with the digital zoom at full. None were taken with the flash.

Jason

Reaction score
Engadget

The pictures look great to me. Much better than my Voyager. I don't why people complain about the camera. maybe the pictures that are too close but how many people would take pictures of things that close?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The pictures are quite good from the phone, don't worry. The problem is the focusing and the clicking noise from what I hear. If that's the case, one should be an easy fix (if they want to fix it) and the other is a return your phone here issue.

techguru

Reaction score
I have had one for three days (Review copy from marketing). Camera is better than any phone camera I have had. 5 Megapixels or not, you can't expect great things out of this tiny a lens. If you want a good camera, buy a camera. If you want to snap occasional pictures with your phone, you won't go wrong with this one.

Alan