is there any easy 3 step root process yet?

1android

Reaction score
I have never rooted a phone because I am scared to death those directions. :) I have watched DETAILED videos on it and after watching I still go....."WTF!?" I read that there was supposed to be an easier 3 step process coming out to root the Tbolt very soon. Has that become available yet? I'm sure I'm just like every other person who wanted to root but never had before, I just dont want to deal with the stress of screwing something up.

Then....after I root...Then what? Does rooting my phone include installing a kernal or do I have to chose that after I finish rooting?

(Take it easy on me.....really wanting to try this but still really scared lol)

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
Here is a link to fyretechs easy root, its based on the easy 3 step root but is way easier. The downloads are in the comments for the video(which is very well put together and easy to understand). This is how I rooted my TB.

[video=youtube;FTGEcsyy4RE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTGEcsyy4RE[/video]

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
1android

1android

Reaction score
yeah that only shows me his profile which includes some gay crap about glee :)

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
Sorry not sure what happened there but I edited the link to be correct. The downloads are in the uploader comments just click on more

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
Just make sure that your drivers for your phone are done like he shows in the video or it will give you and ADB outdated error and you'll get frustrated.

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
yeah that way freaked me out a bit. Fryetechs program is all one package so you dont have to download adb and images and all that other stuff. No copy and paste either. Just yes at the begining and then hitting enter when it tells ya to. Pretty much all automated, Very easy.

OP
1android

1android

Reaction score
Rookie Rooter question....How do you put your phone into Disc drove mode and not charge only??

jeffly777

Reaction score
Rookie Rooter question....How do you put your phone into Disc drove mode and not charge only??

When you plug it into the pc a notification will pop up on the device. Drag down your notification bar and select the one that says "connected to pc" or something to that effect. It will give you a list of options with radio buttons next to each. Select the button next to, I think, "mount as disk drive" and confirm with the button at the bottom. Easy as that.

And don't worry- we were all noobs once.

Thunderstruck