Clueless noob...should I root?

Noobtard

Reaction score
I want to root, but I'm scared to death to screw up my phone. I'm clueless to 95% of this stuff...not a programmer and didn't know until yesterday what hboot meant.

Should I leave rooting alone or are the steps easy enough for a complete novice to follow?? Also, is it easy to maintain once rooted?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The short answer is no. You should learn about rooting the Droid Incredible and what exactly is involved in that. Too many people are rooting and then something goes wrong and they don't have any idea about what to do about it.

When you feel comfortable then you can root. Until then, don't do it.

OP
N

Noobtard

Reaction score
OK...thanks. The main reason I want to root is for the wireless tether and bloatware removal...not interested in overclocking or anything along those lines.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

carmdac

Reaction score
Totally agree with Hookbill, ask specific questions in search box for your phone. For example I asked questions like Rooting a motorola droid orroms for OG droid. There are usually several ways to root from easy one click root or flashing a recovery to your phone, I suggest the latter of for experience. Read up as much as you can until you fully understand. i also suggest once you do root just stay rooted for a bit to get used to the power with in and some of the cool tools you can now use, once you feel comfortable then you can consider flashing roms. Do more research and find witch developers to follow. I use Liquids roms, my phone goes crazy on his roms. In a good way ofcourse. You also need to know that you flash the rom fisrt then if you choose a theme that gets flashed over the rom. This probably sounds like a foregn language right now, but the more you read the more you understand. You also need to understand what and how to do a nandroid back up before you flash any rom. I wish you luck and most people will help you, just give time and have patience.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Click on the two links in my siggy and study up. Then you decide if you can or should root. Also, be advised that you'll need time to root, mod, ect and have to remove everything off your phone. It's always better to start from scratch.