is there an updated swype app?

ucpro

Reaction score
i downloaded swype as soon as i heard about it maybe 2 months ago. has there been any updates??

JustDriftin

Reaction score
It is not in the market, you will have to go to their web page to find out.

bgdave

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I am currently running version 1. Anyone have anything higher than that?

Freddy Chevy

Reaction score
I went to the website but I don't see how to get it on my phone

nevermind found it on my own

Last edited:

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
is there an updated link - I am running 1.0 and very interested in an update, but recognize that it will have to be leaked for us to gain access to it. Very interested.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why do we need an updated version of Swype? I've been using the leaked one for the past 2 months without issue. It's great. Tonight I rooted my phone and it seemed so strange to use the default droid keyboard until I was able to reinstall Astro and get Swype installed again. I don't find the current version of Swype to have any bugs or anything.

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair question, for sure, I have had no issues either, for me, I guess it is just to ensure that I am up to date on any new features, not bugs, that they have out there.

I really do like using Swype as is. In fact, I noticed today that I started trying to swype on my work keyboard. . . :)

ipawd1

Reaction score
There is a popup, and while configuring the settings it will tell you that this version is not compatible with your screen resolution, ignore it, it works great.

From what I can ascertain the guy who originally published this took the HVGA update and edited the graphics and xml files so that the app could work on WVGA devices (ie N1 and Droid).

This version does have quite a few fixes and enhancements.

I will have a mirror up shortly in case this dl link goes *poof*....
[edit]
Here's a better mirror. http://web.me.com/ardoreal/Swype-Swy...2.5228.219.apk

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am having troubles accessing the .apk. I was attempting to grab the .apk and send it to my Droid from my computer but I am unable to access it. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
i've been using swype exclusively since it was first leaked....until the guys at xda released the HTC IME keyboard (you'll want v9). This keyboard is lightworlds away from anything i've typed on on a touchscreen device, i can type so fast and accurate i've disabled swype. I've also noticed a performance increase when using it compared to swype as well.