Is there a way to increase volume on Droidx?

droidx2010

Reaction score
I've had the dx for 3 wks now & whenever I have it on speaker phone, I have to hold it up to my ear & I have the volume on max.
I was at work today & my boss has an iphone & made a call on his speakerphone, put the phone on the table & everyone heard very easily...Audio was good & loud.

It sucks to have a premo phone & barely be able to listen to someone when the phone's 2-3 ft. from you. Blackberry has good audio as well.

Is there a way I can boost my volume on my phone?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Did you update yet...its louder then it was
Can you tell me were to get the update link?
On your phone...Settings...About Phone...System Updates <---- Tap to check for any updates. If you have 2.1 Eclair, this should bring up the 2.2 Froyo for download...follow the prompts...should take less than 20 minutes from start to reboot.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
Did you update yet...its louder then it was
Can you tell me were to get the update link?
On your phone...Settings...About Phone...System Updates <---- Tap to check for any updates. If you have 2.1 Eclair, this should bring up the 2.2 Froyo for download...follow the prompts...should take less than 20 minutes from start to reboot.
Got all my updates yesterday. Audio still kinda sucks. It's not any louder.

csimo

Reaction score
I've had the dx for 3 wks now & whenever I have it on speaker phone, I have to hold it up to my ear & I have the volume on max.
I was at work today & my boss has an iphone & made a call on his speakerphone, put the phone on the table & everyone heard very easily...Audio was good & loud.

It sucks to have a premo phone & barely be able to listen to someone when the phone's 2-3 ft. from you. Blackberry has good audio as well.

Since you've only had it 3 weeks I suggest you take it back to Verizon. I'm told this is a hardware issue on some X's. Try a different one.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score

Since you've only had it 3 weeks I suggest you take it back to Verizon. I'm told this is a hardware issue on some X's. Try a different one.
I would but they told me that all DroidX's are like that & they wanted a $35 "restocking" fee since it wasn't considered a defective phone. What's the point in getting a new phone if it'll do the same thing.
I've talked to 2 different people at Verizon stores & I got the same answer..."yeah, we just had someone come in yesterday with the same exact problem. It's the Motorola audio & they need to send updates for the problem to fix it"