Is There a Way to Create?Edit APN?

mel2000

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS920
Rooted VS920 4.0.4/ICS. Tried using OfflineSim APN app but couldn't get it to create a new APN. Also tried method of adding two lines to Build.prop but that didn't work either. I was able to delete the default APN but the Mobile Networks option was disabled when I tried to create a fresh APN. I used APN Backup & Restore to successfully restore default APN. Is there any root app that can can create a new APN or change the old one? Thanks.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
OP
M

mel2000

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS920
Welcome to the forum. I've never really messed with APN settings, but you can do so from the settings of your phone without another app, according to this article I found from Android Central. http://www.androidcentral.com/what-apn-and-how-do-i-change-it
Thank you for your reply, and sorry for the long delay.

I had previously tried setting my APN as suggested by the article you recommended but was unable to get the modified settings to stick, even though my phone is rooted.

I called my carrier’s tech support to see if they could send me the settings by SMS but they could not do so. Fortunately I found that a recent Google Hangouts update now supports MMS over WiFi. So I will make do with that.