Is there a way to block ads?

jmontf

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and everytime i play a game there are always these annoying ads all over the place. Does anyone know how to block these ads?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, there are apps for that in the market.

But I think it's about time people started thinking about not using the apps. The reason is the ads pay for your app. Eventually advertisers are going to stop supporting these apps because people are using ad blockers.

Developers don't make money. The Market doesn't improve.

I could be wrong, I'm just hypothesizing. I use a DVR and I never watch commercials yet television survives.

If you want great apps like they have in Apple's App Store then it's got to be paid for. Your choice.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Or, in the case of many apps, you could just buy the add free version of the games you really like.

I know, I know, money is precious. But when you are drinking your next $3 cafe latte, which will only last about 10 minutes, give it some thought.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, there are apps for that in the market.

But I think it's about time people started thinking about not using the apps. The reason is the ads pay for your app. Eventually advertisers are going to stop supporting these apps because people are using ad blockers.

Developers don't make money. The Market doesn't improve.

I could be wrong, I'm just hypothesizing. I use a DVR and I never watch commercials yet television survives.

If you want great apps like they have in Apple's App Store then it's got to be paid for. Your choice.

I see what you're saying & I like the ad based system but is there any difference in not seeing them & not clicking on them? Isn't it based on you being redirected?

ArmyHill01

Reaction score
Another note, as an unemployed sole, I never clicked any ad seen on my droid nor have they helped me find anythin useful, IMO, if ur not an ad browser, BLOCK THEM!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ArmyHill01

Reaction score
just installed AdBlock free and works with all my apps perfectly!! Good by space hogging ads....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App