blocking ads

poena

Reaction score
i am new to all this custom rom stuff.
i recently rooted and was running BB 0.4v

i just installed sapphire 1.0 a few days ago and have been playing around and was wondering if there was a way to block the ads in apps.

i notice that there is always a list of scripts and it mentions the ad block but how do i use these?

i tried terminal emulator and typed adblock on and it said "are you root?_ permission denied"

is there something i need to do prior?

thanks

brochaos

Reaction score
did you type "su" first in terminal? but yea, i just use adfree in the market also.

xliderider

Reaction score
i am new to all this custom rom stuff.
i recently rooted and was running BB 0.4v

i just installed sapphire 1.0 a few days ago and have been playing around and was wondering if there was a way to block the ads in apps.

i notice that there is always a list of scripts and it mentions the ad block but how do i use these?

i tried terminal emulator and typed adblock on and it said "are you root?_ permission denied"

is there something i need to do prior?

thanks

When you first open terminal emulator, did you type su first? If you didn't, that is your problem.

OP
P

poena

Reaction score
yea i just figured out the "su" part right after i made that post!

doh!!

should have searched before posting haha

thanks all

OP
P

poena

Reaction score
but i notice that it isn't blocking as many ads as BB was blocking.

to the point where i didn't even know the game WordFeud had ads. now i've got ads constantly showing up

area52

Reaction score
Have you re_booted since running the command? sometimes a reboot will clear the caches those annoying ads live in.