Is there a Task Manager+files app?

warped1987

Reaction score
I've been looking for a Task Manager like my Droid 2 Global had so i can add everything to the Auto End List. I wake up with more than i would like of my battery stained from a 100% charge. Things like Calendar and Google Maps running over night.

Also is their a files folder/app somewhere? I need to get in there and remove some stuff but not site how to get on my SD cards files from the phone.

Thanks

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Rhayader

Reaction score
You can find plenty of auto task killers, but it's generally a bad idea. The supposed gains in performance and/or battery life are mostly imagined. In fact, because of the way memory usage works in Android, task killers will usually harm performance and battery life, not help it.

http://m.androidcentral.com/ram-what-it-how-its-used-and-why-you-shouldnt-care

Sent from the Planet Express ship using the Fing-Longer.

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
You can find plenty of auto task killers, but it's generally a bad idea. The supposed gains in performance and/or battery life are mostly imagined. In fact, because of the way memory usage works in Android, task killers will usually harm performance and battery life, not help it.

http://m.androidcentral.com/ram-what-it-how-its-used-and-why-you-shouldnt-care

Don't think I'm trying to sound like a d1ck cuz I'm not. Lol. But i know all about the evils of task killers. I just wanted to know if the phone came with a built in Task MANAGER. Not sure if HTC phones use them. I know my Motorola phone did and other Motorola phones did too. I just want my Suto-End list back because it really helps out with closing down apps when the screen times out.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Rhayader

Reaction score
I believe there is some sort of built-in task manager, but I'm not really sure because I used the stock firmware for about 10 minutes before rooting and flashing cyanogenmod.

As far as file explorers, there are a bunch but my favorite one is called "ES File Explorer". It's free on the market, and IIRC you don't need root to use it (although rooting does enable additional features).

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is Watchdog. I got it when it was free through Amazon but got rid of it cuz it made my phone choppy.

Elixir and Elixir 2 allows you to see system info and end processes and rogue apps. It will not kill apps if they are needed I believe.

Astro file manager has a process killer.

In some of the newer Sense roms HTC has put in a task killer. It doesn't let you kill apps that one shouldn't, but you can kill rogue apps.

Go Launcher Ex has a task manager in the last app drawer tab.

*Note I only kill apps if they are acting screwy or rogue, and I don't kill often or auto

Last edited: