task manager APPs question

y0yoyo

Reaction score
why is it when i go to task manager and close all running apps, that when i open task manager again say 5 minutes later while doing nothing else with my phone, that car dock, music, verizon navigation, maps, etc. all open and are running?...is there a way to disable these apps from even opening? the car dock and verizon navigation i have never used period, but still open...ive noticed maps app is always open even if i close everything, then open just angry birds...the music app baffles me because i am not listening to any music and my media volume is on mute...i have in my task manager pretty much all my apps that i use on auto end after 2 minutes, i have google GPS and verizon GPS on...and when i switched verizon GPS off the verizon navigator still opened...i imagine if this wasnt happening it would help out on my battery life since i am pretty conservative with my battery usage...any help with this would be greatly appreciated...thanks

Psychoknight14

Reaction score
Your stuck with the verizon apps unless you root your phone, and of course verizon thinks their apps need to auto launch

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

alm0614

Reaction score
Killing them and restarting them actually makes your battery worse. Just let them do their thing, the way android works is as such. Say we have 1GB (1024MB) of RAM(memory that holds current tasks) the OS will keep a set amount free and will fill the rest with random apps until the memory is needed, then these apps are kicked out and the app you actually opened will be in RAM.

Cinoib

Reaction score
You know, I'm rooted and I have frozen apps to see if I can get away with not having some of the bloat ware. I froze VZ Navigator with Titanium Backup Pro. Then I noticed I was unable to use Speedtest app. I thawed VZN and was able to use Speedtest.

By the way, my download speed was 25 mbps tonight.

Anyway, root your Bionic and buy Titanium Backup. Then you can freeze some of the bloat ware and see if you still function normally.
The root process can be a little frightening because of all the warnings everyone includes. But it's a really good thing. I believe there is an unroot too just incase you have to return to Verizon for a fix.

You might also want to freeze Over The Air updates. Rumors has it that if you mistakenly install the ota you loose the root.

Just google 'root my droid'

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums