Task Manager - ICS .232

dkend99

Reaction score
I flashed .232 onto my Bionic a few days ago and overall I'm really happy with it. I have a dumb question that I can't seem to figure out though. On GB I used the stock Task Manger app to auto-end lots of apps which seemed to work really well and improve battery life. Now that I'm on .232 I've noticed that there isn't a stock TM app and without it I can't figure out how to auto-end running apps that I don't want running in the background. I've heard that the built in task manager is supposed to take care of it, but when i check on the running apps there seems to be a lot of apps running that shouldn't be, several of which I've never used. If anyone has any input on this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Reaction score
Go into settings, developer options, and check the box "don't keep activities" not sure if that's exactly what your looking for but I thought id share.

rduckwor

Reaction score
Long press on the "HOME" key in any screen will bring up recent apps. Swipe them away.

RMD

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You don't really need a task manager. Android will auto end apps as it sees fit. If you really want to clear things up, you can download an app called fast reboot. It simulates a reboot without the wait time.