Should I update from 232 to official ics

13floppydisks

Reaction score
As the title states I'm on 232 and it's working perfectly. So I'm wondering if I should even go through the trouble of fxz to only screw myself if the update screws up or something. From what I've read it seems pretty stable minus a lot of complaints about battery life.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It all depends on whether you're happy with what you have now. If you want to go to Jelly Bean when it comes out you'll have to do something.

marleyinoc

Reaction score
I was on .232 and upgraded to OTA version mainly to be on upgrade path. Clear improvement in my book. Had some issues that made me decide to factory reset and I'd say it was even noticeably better.

I read .232 has some debugging code running which probably results in done negatives though I don't know what, really.

As far as battery, I ran GSAM (still do, since it doesn't seem to have any negative effects) and found a few apps that excessively woke device when to me there was no need, etc.

Facebook ate battery and had slot of activity despite me turning off notifications so I disabled it. Big difference. My battery, which is an extended and always got me through the day and into the evening, now lasts 16+ hours with heavier than moderate use.

I don't remember the other apps I installed or disabled over time, but GSAM battery monitor is a must now for me. Misbehaving or poorly written apps standout now. Also shows data and cpu use. Now the high data and battery apps that I have I have because they're worth it to me.

~Bionic Rooted Stock .246 w/ Notification Toggles, Custom Basket and Bell

bbucks36

Reaction score
from to .232 to .246 ota .. worth the switch..smoother and quicker...still have 2 glitches that still show up from switching.. sound glitch still apparent when exiting music player and dailer keeping the last number i dial even when i exit out of dailer.