Is there a limit to the actual number of songs in the music player?

sohixe

Reaction score
I am having a hard time getting over around 400 mp3 files to show up. I'm not having any issues mounting the USB or copying, but all of my songs don't show up. I am only using around 10 gb of the space and I see the actual files on the disc through windows explorer and I can browse them through the file manager on the phone. They just don't show up in the music player.

Is there a better music player that will show all the files? I am using the default player right now. I tried one other player, but it only showed the same exact files. Is there some kind of limitation in play or am I missing something?

Thanks

bastosero

Reaction score
There shouldn't be a limit except for the capacity amount of your micro SD card. If those type of players won't work for you, try MortPlayer Music. It's separate folder based music player. That might work for you.

OP
S

sohixe

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion bastosero. Mortplayer does indeed work and shows all the files. It messes up a lot of the Unicode titles for non-English characters, but at least the music is there. This will work until I find something that has a little better support for non-English characters and shows all the music on the disc. Thanks a lot.

I am still open for suggestions if anyone knows of something else that will work, or perhaps knows why I am facing this arbitrary limitation with the music files.

Thanks! :)

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I use MediaMonkey (paid version) and use Media Sync to my Fascinate. I wanted to push playlists over. I discovered that I could not create these playlists of just over 100 songs each. I was however able to put over 7 playlists in the Music Player, containing over 700 songs. PS. I use Mediamonkey so I can do volume leveling and send all mp3's over at 160 bps.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App