Is there a dialer app that allows me to use my GV number to call out?

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I saw a post that a user said they have a Dialer App that lets them use their Google Voice number to make calls. I could not find such a dialer?

What I mean is something that would call the GV number, and do all the prompts, and then enter the number to be called automaticaly.

Does anyone have this app?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
GrooVe IP works in conjunction with google voice

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
D

DJTURNz

Reaction score
GROOVE IP seems to be about using WiFi only to make calls.

If I call my GV number from my phone I get "enter your PIN"
Then, "Press 2 to make a call"
Then, "Enter the 10 digit number, followed by the # key"

I think that an app that takes over the dialer so that when I touch to call HOME, it dials ###-#### (GV No.) Pause 1234 (pin) pause 2(to place call) pause 10 digit number for home with # at the end.

So the only number my phone ever dialed was my GV number.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
GROOVE IP seems to be about using WiFi only to make calls.

If I call my GV number from my phone I get "enter your PIN"
Then, "Press 2 to make a call"
Then, "Enter the 10 digit number, followed by the # key"

I think that an app that takes over the dialer so that when I touch to call HOME, it dials ###-#### (GV No.) Pause 1234 (pin) pause 2(to place call) pause 10 digit number for home with # at the end.

So the only number my phone ever dialed was my GV number.

I thought you could do all of that by creating the contact and then edit the contact and add pauses, etc and the pin, etc. On my Bionic there is a button on the bottom left of the dialer that shows up when you enter the "phone number" field. That button has *#) on it and will give you a menu with Pause and other options.

Good luck.

lepa71

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is a way to make it per contact bases? Kind of, for this contact always use GV and other use regular dialer.

Natey2

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is a way to make it per contact bases? Kind of, for this contact always use GV and other use regular dialer.

That would be a nice option!
I recall GV is not used if I omit the area code, but obviously, that is not going to work for other numbers.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk