Is the Motorola Xoom better/worse then the Galaxy?

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
Anyone want to comment on the comparison between the Galaxy and the Xoom? What can it do that the Galaxy cannot or what can it do better than the Galaxy?

It's definately has a bigger screen, 10" compared to 7" Galaxy, heavier...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
From what I read it's suppose to be the bomb. From what I know about apps and the Market, unless more are made available it might just be a dud. Tablets are only as good as the apps that you can run on them IMHO.

OP
A

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
I've watched 5-10 youtube videos and they all said the Xoom was cutting edge and a nice machine.

Are the apps for the Xoom the same apps for the Galaxy and Droid phones...?

Is there an app for editing video?

plvaulter06

Reaction score
The Xoom will be 1000X better than the galaxy tab. All the hardware is much faster, higher resolution screen, and it will ship with an OS that has much greater functionality for a tablet

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think there is no comparison - the Xoom FTW

GB D1

BuglessFan

Reaction score
It looks nice, and should have better hardware, but I don't think I'll ever buy a 10 inch tab. If it won't fit in a coat pocket, I want bigger than 10".

steveo11284

Reaction score
The hardware looks great... size not so much. I'll be sticking to my Tab until they release a 7 inch with a dual core processor. I had an iPad and personally find the 7 inch tablets much more appealing due to portability.

coker6303

Reaction score
The hardware looks great... size not so much. I'll be sticking to my Tab until they release a 7 inch with a dual core processor. I had an iPad and personally find the 7 inch tablets much more appealing due to portability.

We chose the galaxy for work because of portability, you can carry it in your back pocket!

motoconvert

Reaction score
I just got a tab today, not even thinking about the zoom. Did I need it...NOPE! So far so good...I like thats its big enough, but not huge. Let the zoom come out with bugs & see where it goes from there. I jist have to remember it has swype!

Sent from my NEW Tab using DroidForums App

J. Dub

Reaction score
Depends. These flippin galaxy tabs have a crutched bluetooth capability where I can't connect a bluetooth keyboard for example.
And I can't place calls out from it. Forcing me to carry two devices. Imagine being able to carry just the tab in your backpocket and a bluetooth headset

soba1

Reaction score
From what I read it's suppose to be the bomb. From what I know about apps and the Market, unless more are made available it might just be a dud. Tablets are only as good as the apps that you can run on them IMHO.

Well I got an Xoom. For me ths weight was a turn off. It was just to heavy. The apps
are lacking right now. Also using spare parts a lot of the apps wont run in compatibility mode. Also the colors on the Gtab have better saturation. Does the hardware processor etc blow the Gtab away? U bet.
But for portability comfort the Gtab wins out. I will give the Samsung 10.1 a try to see how it goes. When it finally gets to the US the faster processor was nice.
But for me the weight was the biggest draw back.

jjhiza

Reaction score
Sorry to stray momentarily off topic, but I can't seem to get an answer for this... I have a port of the Xoom's boot animation, and I want to drop it on my Galaxy Tab. The problem is, I can't seem to find out where the Tab stores the bootanimation.zip file. Can anyone help out? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

tntc.tig

Reaction score
I bought my Galaxy Tab a few days before the Xoom came out. I'm quite happy with the decision, and not only because I saved $300. Having a 7" Tablet is fantastic. I can stuff it in my cargo-pants pocket to carry it between classes, and then I drop it in the keyboard dock to take notes.

There are a few bugs with the Samsung keyboard dock, but the tablet itself is excellent. The Xoom looks really cool, and I'm certainly interested in trying honeycomb, but I think that the Galaxy Tab has a better form factor.

Slothead

Reaction score
I just got a tab today, not even thinking about the zoom. Did I need it...NOPE! So far so good...I like thats its big enough, but not huge. Let the zoom come out with bugs & see where it goes from there. I jist have to remember it has swype!

Sent from my NEW Tab using DroidForums App
Were you able to swap out a Droid account for the Tab? I've got a Droid (1) that I could do without if I could swap the Tab into the account in place of it.

jjhiza

Reaction score
I don't know anyone with a Xoom who's running SPB Mobile Shell 5.0, but my Galaxy Tab is! ;)
aefc1545-7ef7-26a8.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App