Is the Motorola Xoom better/worse then the Galaxy?

czonin

Reaction score
I don't know anyone with a Xoom who's running SPB Mobile Shell 5.0, but my Galaxy Tab is! ;)
aefc1545-7ef7-26a8.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

Honeycomb looks much nicer than SPB.

OP
A

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
Well I got an Xoom. For me ths weight was a turn off. It was just to heavy. The apps are lacking right now. Also using spare parts a lot of the apps wont run in compatibility mode. Also the colors on the Gtab have better saturation. Does the hardware processor etc blow the Gtab away? U bet. But for portability comfort the Gtab wins out. I will give the Samsung 10.1 a try to see how it goes. When it finally gets to the US the faster processor was nice.
But for me the weight was the biggest draw back.

I'm thinking the same. A lightweight Galaxy Tablet at 13.8 ounces is so much lighter to carry compared to the Xoom Tablet at 1.6 pounds. I carry my Galaxy alot and if I don't use it, no big deal. If I was carrying a laptop and did not use it, I'd be angry at myself for carrying so much weight around...And it's never just the weight of the device. You also carry a carry case, power supply, extension cord...

jjhiza

Reaction score
I don't know anyone with a Xoom who's running SPB Mobile Shell 5.0, but my Galaxy Tab is! ;)
aefc1545-7ef7-26a8.jpg

Honeycomb looks much nicer than SPB.

I agree 100%. I was just throwing out a bratty comment for sh!ts and giggles. After playing around with SPB for a couple of weeks, my final verdict...it's nice, but nowhere close to being worth the reported $35 price tag! Honeycomb is great though... a few people over at XDA are working on (nearly completed) a port for the Galaxy Tab, so I'm excited to see that! :)

gsingram1969

Reaction score
I bought my son a Tab last weekend and bought myself a Xoom just two days ago. I'll have to say that the Tab is more convenient to use in that it's lighter and seems to be more user-friendly. The Xoom on the other hand is quite the machine. I love both. For what I use it for the Xoom is meant for me and the Tab is a favor for my son.

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
ok in my opinion both tablets are great depending on what you use them for, i my self love the GTS for the small size. i like the xoom cause its a tab on steriods. i would love the honeycomb on the GTS but i know that it will soon be updated to support it. other than that there both great tablets the only thing thats not so great is all the crappy and unnecessary software that comes with them..