Is the inverted Talk.apk not compatible with GB?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok after 2 days of trying to get my inverted themed talk to not fc with UD 3.0 and after hours of searching, I've decided I'm gonna have to break down and beg for help. I looks to me like i'm the only person having this problem but looking at the themes that have been released, i don't think anyone else is theming talk. Is anyone on this team using UD 3.0 and if so have you been successful with using an inverted talk.apk? I'm really frustrated. grrrrrr

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haven't tried either the rom or the new talk in GB. Post the .apk and I will try to load UD 3.0 today or tonight.

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The man himself is gonna help me! Woot! I really appreciate it dude :D http://www.droidthemers.com/corinacakes/misc apks/Talk.apk

All of my other inverted apps work fine (gmail, vending, fb). I've tried every possible scenario imaginable to make this work and no dice....thanks so much.

P.S. Let me just tell you something odd that happened. With my themed inverted talk.apk on the rom I was getting talk messages from ppl and could see what they said in my notification pulldown but when i'd try to open talk it would just forceclose :icon_eek:

Last edited:

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is it just me getting those annoying redirectingat.com messages? I get them using chrome on the PC and get them in the regular browser on the phone. Happens with any link I click on for the forums.

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haven't tried either the rom or the new talk in GB. Post the .apk and I will try to load UD 3.0 today or tonight.

Yaaayyyyy!! Bowers is going to help us. We have gotten spoiled with inverted talk and can't live without it now. LOL:)

jatx2wne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The old talk wont work and i dont think theres anything you can do to get it to work(I could be wrong). I was working on the one for gingerbread and have everything done except the bgs in conversations( I know thats the biggest part lol). I couldnt find those for the life of me and the folks i pmed didnt have any answers for me . If youd like I can look for that apk and all that has to be done is changing the conversation bgs to black, all text everywhere should be good to go or if anyone knows where those bgs are i can finish it before posting :)

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The old talk wont work and i dont think theres anything you can do to get it to work(I could be wrong). I was working on the one for gingerbread and have everything done except the bgs in conversations( I know thats the biggest part lol). I couldnt find those for the life of me and the folks i pmed didnt have any answers for me . If youd like I can look for that apk and all that has to be done is changing the conversation bgs to black, all text everywhere should be good to go or if anyone knows where those bgs are i can finish it before posting :)

Thank God I'm not crazy! I didn't realize there was a different talk.apk for gingerbread. Thanks Jax i appreciate your help. I guess i'll have to release without the inverted goodness on talk :D

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh I hope you guys can figure it out! Dang! It has to be there somewhere.:icon_eek:

jatx2wne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17646400/Talktest.zip
Theres a link to what ive done so far. Like I said everything is done I think except inverting the chat bgs. FYI this is not really usable due to the fact that I have the text done in the chats so you cant read any of it but if someone wants to help out go for it

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks again! I'll be all over that when I get home :D

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Pretty sure the backgrounds are in the smali code. I haven't been home to look through anything. Might have to wait until next week when my schedule clears, lol

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cakes I have been saying the Inverted Gtalk (Froyo) isn't Gingerbread compatible since December, ask Jatx - he has been listening to me complain about it ever since :D

jatx2wne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Pretty sure the backgrounds are in the smali code. I haven't been home to look through anything. Might have to wait until next week when my schedule clears, lol

I think your right beause ive tried just about everything every where else but, smali is like mumbo jumbo to me anyway you remember what I should be looking for. Im going to start changing things now and hope for the best :)