GingerBread Gtalk.... 'INVERTED'

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Many thanks to both of you. It's the last touch i need to feel happy with my D3. I loved all these inversions on my D1. Oh and B Boy, I do have your G+ as well :)

sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

Try Kejar's also.. but here's a blue transparent version if ya wanna try it.. it's in a Bionic update.zip but I dunno anything about that phone... lol.. http://bit.ly/Talk2BionicZip.. if it works, I can make a regular inverted one with blue text for ya..

Tepes

Reaction score
Try Kejar's also.. but here's a blue transparent version if ya wanna try it.. it's in a Bionic update.zip but I dunno anything about that phone... lol.. http://bit.ly/Talk2BionicZip.. if it works, I can make a regular inverted one with blue text for ya..

No good. I both moved the apk with RE and used the update with no luck. I also made sure to clear the talk info in data/data which was the only way to kick start my original gtalk. Where is Kejar's app? I did a search and could only find his work on the Bionic rom. Also, I'm not running on a deodexed system, could that be what is holding this up? Thanks for all your help.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You need to have a Deodexed ROM if you're installing deodexed apk

Tepes

Reaction score
You need to have a Deodexed ROM if you're installing deodexed apk

Hey MBK, good to see you again. Yeah, I was playing the hope game since I got Gmail, Market and G+ to work.... Curse you gchat. I'll look at the deodexed options this weekend then. Man, this D3 is a whole new game over my good ole D1 :)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So the GMail, Market, & G+ must've been installed onto data/app...meaning you just launched the apk to install, correct

Tepes

Reaction score
So the GMail, Market, & G+ must've been installed onto data/app...meaning you just launched the apk to install, correct

G+ was simply an install, Gmail and Market I used RE to rename original to .bak, move new app in place, set permissions, go to settings/applications... and clear data and cache, reboot and then they were set.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
G+ was simply an install, Gmail and Market I used RE to rename original to .bak, move new app in place, set permissions, go to settings/applications... and clear data and cache, reboot and then they were set.

So did those apps that you renamed to .bak have an odex file along with them?...
What you can try is with RootExplorer copy the Talk.apk and Talk.odex files to your sdcard as a backup , then copy over BBoy's or kejar's Talk.apk into system/app and fix permissions and delete the old odex file along with overwriting the Talk.apk ... the odex file being left behind is likely what will cause the issue of the Talk that you are trying to install

Last edited:

Tepes

Reaction score
So did those apps that you renamed to .bak have an odex file along with them?...
What you can try is with RootExplorer copy the Talk.apk and Talk.odex files to your sdcard as a backup , then copy over BBoy's or kejar's Talk.apk into system/app and fix permissions and delete the old odex file along with overwriting the Talk.apk ... the odex file being left behind is likely what will cause the issue of the Talk that you are trying to install

There is no odex file for Talk in system/app and the only other thing I find for it is in data/data. Which I do find odd on a non deodexed system, but I'm not seeing it.

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mbk knows more about this than me... I've never installed Talk as an apk tho... I always flash it... any time I've tried the install way it doesn't work for me... so, if there's any themes or patches for the D3 you can open as archive with 7zip on your PC and go to system/framework and delete anything in there and then back out and go to system/apps and delete anything.. then drag your new Talk2.apk into that section and close out & save... then flash it ... that's assuming you have a custom recovery of course....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

DROID11

Reaction score
I recently ported my old work # to Google voice and everything works fine except one huge issue: messaging. I can make and recieve calls and send texts no problem. I cannot receive texts a, though. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
I have already logged out and logged back into my Google voice account. I know the port was successful because I got an email saying so and my old phone no longer works.

I posted a thread on this earlier but I never get a response on this forum anymore so I'm going to be obnoxious on other threads. Sorry, but this is a really annoying and important issue.

Tepes

Reaction score
Mbk knows more about this than me... I've never installed Talk as an apk tho... I always flash it... any time I've tried the install way it doesn't work for me... so, if there's any themes or patches for the D3 you can open as archive with 7zip on your PC and go to system/framework and delete anything in there and then back out and go to system/apps and delete anything.. then drag your new Talk2.apk into that section and close out & save... then flash it ... that's assuming you have a custom recovery of course....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I'll give that a shot. I have Jewremy's Modkit- V4. I'll strip that down and drop the Talk2.apk, report back tomorrow. Thanks to you and MBK for your help and patience :)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There is no odex file for Talk in system/app and the only other thing I find for it is in data/data. Which I do find odd on a non deodexed system, but I'm not seeing it.

So there is currently only a Talk.apk in system/app...without any Talk.odex file??.....
So you are running stock D3 ROM?, and trying to install B-Boy's inverted Talk, right?

If you tell me what ROM you currently have and what version of Talk.apk you are trying to install , I can take a look and see if there is something I see that might cause an issue...

Last edited:

Tepes

Reaction score
So there is currently only a Talk.apk in system/app...without any Talk.odex file??.....

That is correct. Although for the D3 since the updated (leaked or OTA) the gchat with video is Talk2.apk
I also checked to make sure there was no com.google....talk.apk hiding in system/app since that was an odd problem I had when I installed the leaked update.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I see...Jewremy v4?...

That isn't a ROM...lmao... anywhere I can take a look into your current ROM...an OTA download?>