Is the extended battery cover better?

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the taped version of the extended battery. For the Standard you put it in the same place.

I prefer lighter phones so I don't prefer the weight and I don't use a case. Probably why I'd prefer a RAZR.

Here is a pic.

Taped back | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

tried it... no creaks but ill perfect it later the way I did it my phone doesn't lay flat .. thanks for the idea

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a major creak right by the volume buttons on the extended.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'll ask here, but in all honestly, does the extended battery give you that much more juice compared to the standard?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll ask here, but in all honestly, does the extended battery give you that much more juice compared to the standard?

Yes, I believe so.

cjsmoove

Reaction score

6+ for me. I've also noticed that the 4G is the MAIN culprit for short battery life. I stayed on Wifi for 2 days and got better life not being on 4G...with that being said until they improve upon that ALL 4G phones will be abysmal at best...Nexus , Razr etc.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

And for me, given the power that a smartphone uses why not have that extra time away from a charger?

Interesting; neither the stock battery nor the extended battery case on my Bionic creaks.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

with my use .. heavy 4g.. internet and some games I get at least 8 w the extended .. stock was around 5.... for me the added few hours is completely worth it not having to lug a charger at work

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
with my use .. heavy 4g.. internet and some games I get at least 8 w the extended .. stock was around 5.... for me the added few hours is completely worth it not having to lug a charger at work

At 15% 19 hours 43 minutes

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Cool.. just went out and picked the last one up at the local vz store for $25. I never used extended batteries before, always just carried a spare regular battery. Now I'm guessing this is right, since I haven't even opened the box yet because I'm waiting for the standard to fully charge, but I assume you can use the standard battery with the extended battery cover? Meaning you don't have to carry around the back cover to both batteries with you, so I'll just be able to stick the extended battery cover on the back and it will be fine with the standard battery also, if I'm wrong let me know :)

Thanks guys!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You could, theoretically... never really thought about that. Depends on how well the standard battery stays in there without a cover up against it. I could see a good jolt knocking the standard battery loose with the extended cover on. But generally speaking, it should stay in place.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
At 15% 19 hours 43 minutes

that's great with how u use it.... I've seen ppl quote longer hours with a regular than my extended but its not relative... I use my phone a lot.... I could charge it 100% before bed and leave it unplugged and I could easily get 16+ hours but that's pointless.... I leave for work w 100% I get home with 15%... 4g is always on... and I have a lot of screen on time

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
that's great with how u use it.... I've seen ppl quote longer hours with a regular than my extended but its not relative... I use my phone a lot.... I could charge it 100% before bed and leave it unplugged and I could easily get 16+ hours but that's pointless.... I leave for work w 100% I get home with 15%... 4g is always on... and I have a lot of screen on time

Yeah, I get 4g but it's intermittent. I just use wifi at home and 3g at work. I use my phone alot as well but seems like cell standby takes up the bulk of my battery usage, weird.