Bionic Extended battery

rumblee1

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how much more thickness the extended battery adds to the phone? Does it just make the back level with the top?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The extended battery will add about 1/8" overall thickness to the Bionic. Works like a charm.

Sgtplatypus

Reaction score
I actually just got my extended battery this past week, it doesn't add much but i gives it a nice feel almost like its more durable, and it last much longer. Im very happy with it

mykl376

Reaction score
Instead of the area where the camera protruding out a tad, the battery area protrudes. I think it could actually help protect the glass over the lense when you set it down on it's back. I highly recommend it as it gives you so much more time to actually use your phone, without worrying about it dying. Your selection of cases will decrease though, since the majority are made to only fit the standard battery. I use the Diztronic Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible EXTENDED BATTERY TPU Case for Motorola Droid Bionic 4G (Verizon) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories case and it works fine.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's a side view of the Bionic with the Motorola Extended Battery. As mykl376 says, the battery area is the only part that protrudes, and as kevsgroove says, it adds about 1/8" (and 1 oz) to the phone.

View attachment 47567

Mugen makes a slim extended battery that won't make the phone thicker, but it's about $45.

Last edited:

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I've never heard of Mugen. Has anyone purchased this battery? Is it going to cause problems with the phone?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of Mugen. Has anyone purchased this battery? Is it going to cause problems with the phone?

There's some discussion at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-accessories/193762-megen-extended-battery.html The battery fits in the original place of the stock battery and uses the original door. It boosts the mAh to 2000mAh (the stock battery is 1860mAh). According to the thread, it plays with the Bionic. They also make a 4000mAh batter for $98, but it really does add to the size. You can see both at Mugen Bionic Extended Batteries Amazon sells the slim extended for about $41.

I should also mention the Seidio 3500mAh extended battery. It sells for about $55 on Amazon and adds to the thickness. You can see it at Seidio Bionic Extended Batteries.

By contrast the Motorola extended battery brings it up to 2760mah and if you can it for 1/2 price ($26) it's much cheaper.

Last edited:

unbesorgt

Reaction score

I have the Mugen 2000 mAh battery and it works great. Been using for over a month and no problems. Battery life is definitely better compared to stock.

It boosts the mAh to 2000mAh (the stock battery is 1860mAh).

Actually the Bionic's stock battery is 1735 mAh (source).

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
Thanks to all. I made the decision and bought the moto battery from Verizon cause it's half price and doesn't look bad. Mugen, but the way, has a great reputation in the battery world. Top rate, but you pay for it. Bought batteries from Ebay before and they turned out to be cheap imitations that only lasted about 4 hours. Are least if I'm not happy with this battery, I can return it to Verizon. Thanks again.

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
im useing mugen as well im at 24 hours with still 30% life left its kick ass i have the extended battery as well but i like the otter box case comutter