Extended Battery

Bro KV

Reaction score
Is it me or is the extended battery ridiculously thick for an additional 1000mA/h?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its just you.. moto did a great thing making the extended looking just like stock w a little hump.... most phones look like there's a tumor on it .. and it might just be 1000mah but my extended lasts twice as long as stock

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
B

Bro KV

Reaction score
A little hump? The battery is 3x thicker.

Tegamal

Reaction score
I don't have any issues with the extended battery, so I think it may just be you. Motorola designed the dock & holster case to fit the extended battery without any problems & personally I never liked the scooped look of the DX, so it fits me just fine.

I also don't care for the super-slim phones, either. I much rather know I'm holding on to something, but that could just be me.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is it me or is the extended battery ridiculously thick for an additional 1000mA/h?

Sorry, but my vote goes to "It's you". :p

I like the extra weight. It feels better in my hand/hands. And I love the extra time between charges. The only thing I don't like is the appearance. A thin phone looks much better.

lostse7en

Reaction score
I agree i think the bionic feels better with the extended battery

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Bionic with extended battery is same size as the Thunderbolt with standard battery.

OP
B

Bro KV

Reaction score
I guess it's me. Lol

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's nothing compared to the Seidio extended battery for the OG Droid. The one for the Bionic is about 1/8" thicker compared to Seidio's 3/8". That one stuck out so far you could use it as a kickstand.

Tegamal

Reaction score
It's nothing compared to the Seidio extended battery for the OG Droid. The one for the Bionic is about 1/8" thicker compared to Seidio's 3/8". That one stuck out so far you could use it as a kickstand.

That thing was MASSIVE! haha

portermac

Reaction score
I love how moto thought of everything this time with the extended battery and all the accessories working with it. That was the main issue for me with the d1. Having to take the back off everytime I put it in the dock was a joke.

TeeX

Reaction score
agreed that Moto had put ALOT of thought into the extended battery. Great feel in the hand, great styling, and they made their accessories/ docks to accomodate it as well.

well done, Motorola.

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
A little hump? The battery is 3x thicker.

Stock battery is approximately 4mm thick. You're saying the extended battery is 16mm thick?

The extended battery is about 8mm thick.

aramos87

Reaction score
I prefer the feel of the phone with the extended battery.. but not keen on the hump look to it.. couldn't they have made it even with the hump for the camera?

And is anyone noticing that the extended battery is draining a bit fast? I got about 7 hours with it yesterday.. granted it was day one with the new battery .. just wondering ...

lykofos

Reaction score
I prefer the feel of the phone with the extended battery.. but not keen on the hump look to it.. couldn't they have made it even with the hump for the camera?

And is anyone noticing that the extended battery is draining a bit fast? I got about 7 hours with it yesterday.. granted it was day one with the new battery .. just wondering ...

I actually like the hump b/c it protects the camera a bit by lifting it off whatever surface the phone is sitting on.

I think battery life with the extended all depends on what you do. Yesterday with moderate usage in a 3g only area I got 23 1/2 hrs, but the previous day I only got 11 hrs with GPS enable in a 4g area while using google navigation heavily (battery usage showing it as 43% of battery consumption). So using maps, with GPS enabled and 4G definitely eats through the battery quicker.