HTC Thunderbolt Vs Droid Bionic

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You can always return it in 14 days and get your upgrade back.

OP
B

BlackTTC6

Reaction score
Its only 69.99 online. It was 199.99 in store so im going to wait

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Its only 69.99 online. It was 199.99 in store so im going to wait

There is a big reason the Tbolt keeps dropping in price..... It's due to be retired in a few more months. What you need to keep in mind is; the Tbolt is a first gen 4G LTE device. As others have stated; it was old technology when the phone was released. I'm not thrilled about the high price of the Bionic but, it's what I am waiting on. I am still using my Droid 1 so; I expect to have my Bionic at least as long.

BigZig

Reaction score
I'd say that's pretty good battery life. Stock battery and overclocked to 1.4GHz ;)

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

It looks like you were on Wi-Fi alot and i thought the T-Bolts battery issues were when it was searching for 4G signal.

So if you are in a 4G area and looking for good battery life i would go with the Bionic just my opinion tho

yiannis

Reaction score
This is in the back of my mind also and I'm having an OG Droid. There are two reasons the D1 isn't good enough for me. Firstly, RAM is too small and I often have to HotBoot because it won't work with 40 MB of RAM left. I believe the T-Bolt would have enough RAM to run smoothly. Secondly LTE is a big upgrade imho.

However, while the fact that T-Bolt is a first gen device doesn't bother me as much, I'm concerned that I'll have to buy a bulky battery that will make my phone thicker than my D1. Second I'm also concerned that the device is being dumped by HTC and that it is made by HTC. By most people's accounts Motorola's hardware is more reliable.

But the Bionic is not going to be without its issues. There's no example of any mobile device not needing a few OTA updates by a carrier. So my plan at the moment is to wait for a month for the Bionic's issues do be ironed out, for its price to drop, for the device to be rooted, the reviews to come out and for the competition to perhaps come up with something better.

It seems ironic, but it seems that the best thing to do to the Bionic is to make it wait for you, like you have been waiting for it.

wsbsteven

Reaction score
I have used d1 dx dx2 d3 and now Thunderbolt as my primary phone. The thunderbolt has been the best so far because of the 4g speed and the amount of custom hacks that can be done. I have been stuck behind a locked bootloadet since dx launched and I totally forgot what freedom felt like. With that in mind, I plan on seeing how the bionic launch goes but to be honest, I don't even notice dual core. Thunderbolt battery life is as bad as they say though.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk