is the camera fixed by using a different camera app?

Bixby

Reaction score
I have Vignette, Camera360, & Camera Zoom FX...all paid versions. Camera
Zoom FX is my fav! It totally eradicates any 'issues' with this camera & makes this device that much more amazing! Btw, it doesn't chew up anywhere near the amount of battery life as Camera 360!!!
Sent from my DROID3

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Finally took time to play with the camera today and I haven't been following this thread so ignore me if I'm covering trodden ground.

Has anyone looked at their effects settings?

When I take a picture of my laptop, which has a stainless cover, chair and leg using normal, I don't see much of a cast. When I use Solarize or use blue tint I do.

Mind you, every camera has a bit of a cast unless you calibrate the white balance for every change in lighting.

darkmatter

Reaction score
if you can find white balance in the stock camera app, you're better than me.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately there isn't one.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

spillner

Reaction score
I have Vignette, Camera360, & Camera Zoom FX...all paid versions. Camera
Zoom FX is my fav! It totally eradicates any 'issues' with this camera & makes this device that much more amazing! Btw, it doesn't chew up anywhere near the amount of battery life as Camera 360!!!
Sent from my DROID3

Anychance you can post some pictures comparing stock to zoom fx. Im really interested in seeing if it works before buying it, thanks.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The obviously better one is with camera zoom fx. Its using the flourecent setting for white balance.

Sent from my DROID3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1312807123030.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312807123030.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 393
  • uploadfromtaptalk1312807165863.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312807165863.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 394

dsimmelink

Reaction score
It seems quite clear this is only a software issue causing the white balance to be (way) off. I certainly would expect (HOPE) this to be addressed in an upcoming update to the stock camera. Regardless, it looks like 3rd party software can address it but I still want an official fix!!

droidingit

Reaction score
The obviously better one is with camera zoom fx. Its using the flourecent setting for white balance.

Sent from my DROID3

Hi buckmarble,

Would you please be able to post comparison pics of an inside room instead of outside? Like a normally lit room in the evening.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Same settings

Sent from my DROID3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1312902099848.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312902099848.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 492
  • uploadfromtaptalk1312902122589.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312902122589.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 486

flyguy

Reaction score
By using a Flouresent White Balance you are only trading a too blue cast for an arguably slightly better light green one. The correect way to fix these pics until an upgrade happens is to use an app that has fully adjustable white balance (pic say or pic say pro ect. ) Using these quick and easy corrections, this unacceptable camera actually produces some pretty good phone pics. I usually do a quick W.B. adj, contrast, sharpen and crop and I'm done. I wouldn't trade my DSLR for it, but not bad in a pinch. Stock jpegs are pretty useless though.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
By using a Flouresent White Balance you are only trading a too blue cast for an arguably slightly better light green one. The correect way to fix these pics until an upgrade happens is to use an app that has fully adjustable white balance (pic say or pic say pro ect. ) Using these quick and easy corrections, this unacceptable camera actually produces some pretty good phone pics. I usually do a quick W.B. adj, contrast, sharpen and crop and I'm done. I wouldn't trade my DSLR for it, but not bad in a pinch. Stock jpegs are pretty useless though.

Agreed. This is just a band aid until they can issue a correct fix for it.

Sent from my DROID3

TyrantII

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID3

Colors are still going to be off post processing because of the nature of JPG files. The only way to fix it is with an update that correctly samples the right white balance settings before the sensor writes the image to disk.

droidingit

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID3

Colors are still going to be off post processing because of the nature of JPG files. The only way to fix it is with an update that correctly samples the right white balance settings before the sensor writes the image to disk.

And this right here is the real problem.

Does anyone know if Motorola is aware of the problem and is trying to fix it?