is the camera fixed by using a different camera app?

spillner

Reaction score
I just tested the florescence setting and I have to agree with what was previously said that the pictures are extremely yellow. I'm assuming this setting is better for outside shots.

droidingit

Reaction score
I just leave it on Fluorescence and everything is pretty darn good. All we're doing here is showing that it is a software issue, and not a "camera" issue. It saves whatever setting I was using last so I never have to go back in and change settings after that.

If you add negativity to a thread, expect negativity back. That's all.

Incandescent light *is* yellow. Are you expecting the camera to inject color into it? Sure, you can do that with post processing, but no camera is magic.

So if you are in a normally lit room, and you have the setting on Normal Mode, then Fluorescence under White Balance Settings, it looks good to you, not yellow?

I don't know if it is technically incandescent light or not, it is a normally lit room, where the color on the white walls does not seem yellow, but it looks white. If I take it with Auto, the pictures comes out white with a blue tint, and under the other modes it just looks a lot more yellow than what is actually there.

Your normal, everyday light bulb is incandescent light and gives off a yellow/orange hue. This is generally a warmer/softer feel.

Fluorescent light gives off a blue hue. This is generally more harsh, and allows imperfections to be seen easier in a person's complexion for example.

I know you can get specialty bulbs for certain kinds of situations that emit warmer colors, like say, red, for a candlelight dinner with your lady or something. Almost all light gives off a secondary color. It is actually the point of the white balance setting on your camera.

OK well here is the thing.

The room might be a little bit yellow because of the lights, but it does not seem yellow at all. Looking at the Droid screen in Auto mode, the room looks the same color as what is on the screen, sorta white with no problems. When I go to fluorescence mode under the settings and press on it, the screen all of a sudden look yellow. They look a lot yellow than what I actually see when I look at my white walls. Now, on top of that, shouldn't with flash the room already look extra brighter and whiter? It just doesn't look good to me... I don't remember having this problem with the first Droid

OP
D

doomzmaster

Reaction score
This is literally the only reason I cant decide on this phone lol

TyrantII

Reaction score
Incandescent light *is* yellow. Are you expecting the camera to inject color into it? Sure, you can do that with post processing, but no camera is magic.

Further, that's the whole problem. Incandescent is yellow and makes warm colored images. To fix this the camera needs to set the right White Balance setting, but the cameras software is not doing so, or doing so wrong.

Hense the need to manually set white balance before each shot via a 3rd party app.

It's not a problem with the camera at all, but with the software not setting the right WB. An easy fix if they decide to fix it.

(Personally, I think they should also adjust the shutter speed by -1/2 EV. Most Motorola phone pictures seem over exposed by a 1/2 stop to me. I think they do that so that shadows don't go underexposed when people try taking pictures in high contrast environments, but to someone who knows how to shoot, it's annoying..)

droidingit

Reaction score
I just tested the florescence setting and I have to agree with what was previously said that the pictures are extremely yellow. I'm assuming this setting is better for outside shots.

Thank you! There needs to be a way to take decent indoor pictures on this phone!!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
That's strange. The fluorescence setting works wonders on my phone and isn't yellow. Much better than the stock app.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

jeffrich21

Reaction score
Great app. However, how do you preview pics once they are taken? I take the picture and the image appears for maybe half a second. I can't find a preview time in the settings. I would like the preview the pics for about 3-5 seconds before the picture disappearing into the album.

Edit: I don't think is an option but would be nice.

LT*

Reaction score
That's strange. The fluorescence setting works wonders on my phone and isn't yellow. Much better than the stock app.

Same here, but I noticed that even after only taking 2 pictures, 360Camera used 4% of my battery. I even force closed it when I was done. Well over 90 minutes of screen on time only used 4% of the battery. Maybe there is a different, less battery sucking camera app out there.

darkmatter

Reaction score
if you turn off location in camera360, it seems to be better on the battery.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Great app. However, how do you preview pics once they are taken? I take the picture and the image appears for maybe half a second. I can't find a preview time in the settings. I would like the preview the pics for about 3-5 seconds before the picture disappearing into the album.

Once I take a picture it just sits there until I either hit discard, save, or share. It's strange that yours isn't doing the same thing.

jeffrich21

Reaction score

Once I take a picture it just sits there until I either hit discard, save, or share. It's strange that yours isn't doing the same thing.

Uhhhh :unsure: That is weird. Maybe I'll uninstall it and reinstall it to see if that changes anything.

Edit: I reinstalled it and now it does as you say. Nice. Thanks!!