Is the battery Durable?

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
My battery has been very poor lately. However, it should be noted it is overclocked with a low voltage Sapphire 1000 Mhz kernel.

The battery will go seemingly even when the screen is off for a while.

Here is what I wonder: I OBSESSIVELY am charging this thing. I never want to be without it! In the car, at home, at work. Even when it is only 80 90 per cent I plug it in.

I have had the Droid 1 for 10 months now. Is it possible all the charging is finally taking a toll?

For what its worth, I just bought a highly rated replacement from Amazon for $8. What do you think? Is it a fluke, my usage? (I am pretty obsessed with the thing) or the battery is going dead? or my roted ROM and Kernel?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's far more likely that your current kernel isnt happy with your phone. Change it to something that you had better luck with (or even stock) to see what it does. If there's no change, then I'll say it's the battery.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suggest getting an extended battery. It should help it last longer.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are any number of things that can affect battery life. Hit a battery life thread for tips on figuring out what's chewing through your battery. If you do get a replacement then don't cheap out on the battery.