Is Tasker the right app for this?

hankafyin

Reaction score
Hey forum, I guess I am a lazy person by nature. I constantly leave my screen on the last application I used. When I unlock my phone, I am humorously irritated that it is not on the default home screen.

Short story long; is Tasker the best app to solve my natural use of my phone?

Can I set Tasker to return to my default home screen on event, displayoff or displayon?

Sorry for the pseudo code, I really have no training in this area, any help would be appreciated.

I also thought I may not be the only one, and there is a setting, already built into an app that I currently use.

Sendbeer

Reaction score
Can't say about Tasker, but widgetlocker has an option to always open to the home screen.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
H

hankafyin

Reaction score
thanks Sendbeer. I watched a youtube video review, and found it in the market. I will kick the tires on it, and see if it's a runner.

Definitely worth the couple bucks, it's so hard to keep up with the latest apps. I have a terrible habit of wanting to re-invent the wheel.

thanks again

Big Lou

Reaction score
Tasker would be a great option!

Context:
Event > Display > Display Unlocked

Task:
App > Go Home

OP
H

hankafyin

Reaction score
Big Lou, Thank you for the reassurance, I tried out widgetlocker but I am getting some funny behaviors with LP Pro. Great app though, my wife which won't let me touch her droid2 really likes it.

I have PE 5.0.2 ROM now, and love thebowers's Black and Bold theme, but when I installed PE 5, I didn't wipe......more laziness, I know. I'm going to wipe and reload PE 5, and update 1 and 2, to see if that will take care of my "funky" issues.

I haven't spent any quality time with Tasker, and with you bird doggin' the flow for me, I will give it a shot.

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I haven't spent any quality time with Tasker

this is crucial to fully understand and take advantage of how to fully use Tasker. its a great app, but has a learning curve.

OP
H

hankafyin

Reaction score
Abe21599, so true, I am wrestling with maxscript, and actionscript right now. I know the payoff will be worth the investment....being older and self taught it is challenging.

I will make the time to show my Droid some love. I think I understand the versatility and usefulness of Tasker, just haven't got to it yet, thanks for the push.