jim1974

Reaction score
I want to set up a profile that:

Recognizes when I am at "home"
Turns on Wifi
Recognizes when I leave "home"
Turns off Wifi.

Repeat

I thought I had accomplished it, but after testing I found I was wrong. This is so frustrating to me. Tasker is such a great app, I wish it was more user friendly, more plain English and less ambiguity. There seems to be some pretty Tasker savvy members here, hopefully a few of you can help me out.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what do you have and what happens when u use it

OP
J

jim1974

Reaction score
I have a Profile set up with a Location context fixed on where my house is. I then have my wifi set to turn if the location matches. I also have an exit task set up to turn off wifi if location doesn't match. My thinking seems right to me, but im not sure I have the Task Edits set up right.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
maybe make the location task is set to a larger radius and make it net and gps

and an exit task is just pressing on the task to make an exit task. you shouldnt have to make another profile

OP
J

jim1974

Reaction score
No, but from I've read it doesn't need to be. I have a Network fix and a large enough radius. The problem is I can't figure out how to get the wifi to turn on and off b/c the Tasker wording/programming isn't user friendly. I know what I want and how to get there, now I need help with the fine tuning.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
oh ok i didnt understand i thought you werent gettting it to read your location

well just set it up to toggle your wifi (assuming its off to start) and it should connect (connection is set to prefer wifi over 3G) assuming the wifi network is set up correctly
and exit task to toggle it again

OP
J

jim1974

Reaction score
Ok, maybe I'm not being clear. What should the Task Edit look like? Right now its:

Wifi
Set Toggle

If

What should the equation be for the If portion??

This is where I'm getting lost.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you dont need an if statement

heres a list if you really want to incorporate one
Tasker for Android
near the bottom

right now, it set up to turn on wifi (assuming its off to start) when you get in the location you have pinpointed.

just make the exit task wifi toggle again and you should be good

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this old thread but just wondering if this actually worked. I've been trying to set something like this up myself but have had no success. It seems so simple but it doesn't want to work.

How would I set this up using Wifi Near my home SSID? I want GPS, Bluetooth, and Mobile Data off when at home, and vice versa when not at home. Can someone give me a profile to accomplish this using Wifi Near?