Is our next Motorola phone the rumored spec-rich Droid RAZR M HD??

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
That depends entirely on the OS architecture built to capitalize on it. Despite the fact that Android is "powerful" in comparison, they have really braved redesigning to optimize for more than 2 cores yet.

And would someone PLEASE tell Motorola to stop releasing new phones under the Razr name? How can people that exist outside of the tech world possibly know the difference between them?

agreed.. creativity isn't their strong point... the razr name should've died with the original original razr from 2004

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That depends entirely on the OS architecture built to capitalize on it. Despite the fact that Android is "powerful" in comparison, they haven't really braved redesigning to optimize for more than 2 cores yet.

And would someone PLEASE tell Motorola to stop releasing new phones under the Razr name? How can people that exist outside of the tech world possibly know the difference between them?

I agree about Android not yet being optimized for multiple cores beyond 2, and that is my point. When I said software, I meant both OS and Apps. Perhaps I should have said firmware and software to clarify.

As for the RAZR name, they are milking it - yes. As far as they're concerned, any of the phones that utilize the same laminate construction and maintain the ultra-thin profile will be carrying the RAZR brand. Do they care whether people "outside the tech world" know the difference? I think not. In the grand scheme of things, it's really no different than iPhone;

2012-12-30_1856.png <<Click to see full-size, or go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone.

If THEY can do it, why can't Motorola;

Droid RAZR
Droid RAZR MAXX

DROID RAZR by Motorola - RAZR M - RAZR HD - RAZR MAXX

Droid RAZR HD
Droid RAZR M
Droid RAZR MAXX HD

And now, the Droid RAZR M HD?

Attachments

• 2012-12-30_1859.png
    2012-12-30_1859.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 142

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
I agree about Android not yet being optimized for multiple cores beyond 2, and that is my point. When I said software, I meant both OS and Apps. Perhaps I should have said firmware and software to clarify.

As for the RAZR name, they are milking it - yes. As far as they're concerned, any of the phones that utilize the same laminate construction and maintain the ultra-thin profile will be carrying the RAZR brand. Do they care whether people "outside the tech world" know the difference? I think not. In the grand scheme of things, it's really no different than iPhone;

View attachment 59637 <<Click to see full-size, or go to iPhone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

If THEY can do it, why can't Motorola;

Droid RAZR
Droid RAZR MAXX

DROID RAZR by Motorola - RAZR M - RAZR HD - RAZR MAXX

Droid RAZR HD
Droid RAZR M
Droid RAZR MAXX HD

And now, the Droid RAZR M HD?

The difference is to people new to the segment there are effectively 3 iPhone versions, and the latest version offers the most. You cant say that with the Razr family. There's no Razr 2 in the current lineup, so there's nothing that stands out for one versus another. If Motorola wants to take people away from Apple and now Samsung you need a flagship phone. Which of the Razr hodge-podge is the flagship?

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well clearly the RAZR MAXX HD. The MAXX name implies it is "maxed out".

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
everyone knows the highest number on the iPhone or samsung is the newest one... with Motorola there isn't much separation... at least not to the average consumer

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I see your point. It is difficult to know for the average person, but that is what salespeople are for. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see your point. It is difficult to know for the average person, but that is what salespeople are for. :D

come on now.. we both know that Verizon's sales people are clueless.... but they're right above an apple genius lololol

equake

Reaction score
Best wait for the X phone with better specs. I would like a small phone packaging for single hand use...

My 2 cents

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I like my name Droid razr quadra-maxx HD (with four cores and retina display )