Is my screen on time ok?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Don't be concerned about that. Makes sense that it will pull power while it's on, thus slowing charging up a bit. Mine does the same thing. Charges a little slower when I'm using it. Perfectly normal.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Who told you quick charge only works when the screen is off? Unless this is an S7 ONLY feature, that shouldn't be the case. Both our S5's & the wife's new Note 7 charge quickly while they are on and/or being used.
As mentioned, you can't gauge your SOT or overall battery life for that matter, off what others are posting online. We all use our devices differently, regardless of the similarity of apps being used.
I would suggest backing up all of your contacts, text messages, pertinent files/photos and do a factory data reset to see if that resolves your problem.

S5 tap'n
I mean I'm still able to have fast charge on with the screen on, but it just charges really really slow while I use it. I'm aware phones take a bit longer to charge while being used but I'm just wondering if mine is going slower than normal.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Battery life seems to be much better with wifi than 4g. Not sure if this is the case for others too.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. Wifi uses less power.
Especially if the 4G/cdma signal is craptacular. Since switching to a gsm carrier when my signal is craptacular it's just "sucks being you at the moment if you need to make a call" but when I was I Verizon my phone would try to get a better signal by cranking up the power to the radios, killing my battery much faster.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I'm gonna go a little off topic here but I was looking for a good pair of earphones for my phone for music. I considered wireless which would use blutooth of course. Does anyone know knowadays how much drain those tend to have on phone batteries?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If you're going wireless I heard good things about the Jaybirds x2.

As for how much they drain, if you've used another source to stream via bluetooth then it'll be about the same.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna go a little off topic here but I was looking for a good pair of earphones for my phone for music. I considered wireless which would use blutooth of course. Does anyone know knowadays how much drain those tend to have on phone batteries?
No more than a smartwatch. The music player will use much more battery than being connected to the headphones. I'll have to check gsam battery monitor app at the end of the day today but if memory serves my Bluetooth being on all day uses about 2% of my battery.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
No more than a smartwatch. The music player will use much more battery than being connected to the headphones. I'll have to check gsam battery monitor app at the end of the day today but if memory serves my Bluetooth being on all day uses about 2% of my battery.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
I plan to use it mainly for the music player, are you saying that would be a big battery drain?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I plan to use it mainly for the music player, are you saying that would be a big battery drain?

I would not consider 2% a big battery drain. I use Bluetooth devices everyday for calls & music (headphones, car kit, BT speakers) and Bluetooth normally uses anywhere from 2 - 8% of total battery at the end of the day.