Is it worth it really?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
As long as its constructive comparisons.....I see nothing wrong with it. It might help someone in their decision to get a phone, might help them when comparing phones.

Nothing's perfect. Sometime its good to know the possible pros n cons before comparing phones. Like I was almost all set on getting the GS2. No notification light.... Didnt realize how much I relied on it....

So many ppl last year said Amoled was "hands down better, blows LCD away", etc, etc. Looking at the cons of Amoled and LCD last year...I was happy, very happy with the screen on my Droid X.

If you can live with the cons or possible cons of the phone you like, want....thats all that matters. The best phone.....is the phone that has the cons you can live with.

h_10

Reaction score
i got a dx2 this morning to replace my wife's eris. i echo comments in the thread. great phone. too much crapware. blur isn't bad but i still loaded launcher pro. everything works great, no lag, not reboots, no issues. couldn't be happier.

i'm just debating to root now or to wait for the gingerbread update and then root.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i got a dx2 this morning to replace my wife's eris. i echo comments in the thread. great phone. too much crapware. blur isn't bad but i still loaded launcher pro. everything works great, no lag, not reboots, no issues. couldn't be happier.

i'm just debating to root now or to wait for the gingerbread update and then root.

You'll be waiting awhile.

I rooted right away, froze the bloatware.

Also fyi, there is no known root method for gingerbread OTA on the OG DroidX.

Apparently it's been locked down fairly well, the X2 OTA update when it gets here will likely follow suit.

Sent from my DROID X2

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Yea, root it now. That way you can freeze the crapware and get a little more snap out of the phone.