Is it worth getting??

Lynx

Reaction score
Ok so I had the Droid 1 shortly after launch and than I bought the Droid Incredible on its launch day because I wanted something without a keyboard. Because I have 5 lines on my account I am up for an upgrade now. Over the weekend I bought the Samsung Fascinate and I just am not impressed with it enough to keep it (especially since its still on 2.1). I am debating on returning it and picking up the DX after work today, but am on the fence about it. Anybody have any experience with the Dinc, Fascinate, and/or Droid X and want to share their input.

Also note, I root and do all that to it. I know of eFuse and all that on this phone but thats beside the point.

msu

Reaction score
I struggled with my decision from a D2G to the DX. I just couldn't leave the big screen!! I think I made a good decision.

the5barrons

Reaction score
You've basically run through the lineup of VZW phones already.

You don't like the Fascinate, this coming from a DInc, and a D1 before that.

You want a phone without a hard keyboard.

You must want a DX.

Not to mention...you're asking a bunch of DX'ers if DX is a good choice.dancedroid

OP
Lynx

Lynx

Reaction score
You've basically run through the lineup of VZW phones already.

You don't like the Fascinate, this coming from a DInc, and a D1 before that.

You want a phone without a hard keyboard.

You must want a DX.

Not to mention...you're asking a bunch of DX'ers if DX is a good choice.dancedroid

Lol is it worth the upgrade from the DInc though? I loved the screen on the Fascinate, but still having Android 2.1 is a major downer IMO.

the5barrons

Reaction score
I haven't really spent time with the Incredible other than my own testing in VZW before I went with the DX. Max'ing out the screen size, and everything you can do with it...which isn't so much different between each other.

Again, you've got a great thing going I'd say. Hook up with a DX just because...

jcolt

Reaction score
Ok so I had the Droid 1 shortly after launch and than I bought the Droid Incredible on its launch day because I wanted something without a keyboard. Because I have 5 lines on my account I am up for an upgrade now. Over the weekend I bought the Samsung Fascinate and I just am not impressed with it enough to keep it (especially since its still on 2.1). I am debating on returning it and picking up the DX after work today, but am on the fence about it. Anybody have any experience with the Dinc, Fascinate, and/or Droid X and want to share their input.

Also note, I root and do all that to it. I know of eFuse and all that on this phone but thats beside the point.

I had the D1 and loved the phone but just wanted something newer and after getting used to the touch screen I could see just how much more useful a larger screen would be (I never used the keyboard which was the main reason I bought the D1). My father has the Inc and I have used it many times. Good phone and very snappy (I like Sense), but the screen size is small and I knew I wanted something bigger. The debate was whether or not to wait until one of these new phones comes out early next year, but I just got impatient. I bought the droid X last week and love it. The screen is great and the size of the phone has not been an issue for me at all. I fine it so much easier to type and browse the net on the larger screen. Also, I root and OC my Droid to 1.2 and the X just seems so much faster. I also rooted the X but have not overclocked it as it seems perfect at 1ghz.

I would do not regret getting the X and would recommend. I too have a number of lines so the upgrade was not a big issue

xmguy

Reaction score
I'll chime in here. I've NEVER had the Droid X before. But VZW is swapping me to it from the Droid 2 from the Droid 1. I had the Droid 1 LOVED it. If I had never gotten a FRU. I'd still be using it. But VZW lack of QC for repairing the D2's led me to get the DX. I've never used one. LOVED the REAL keyboard on the 1 and 2. But I look at it this way. The DX has a HUGE screen , so it has a huge A$$ keyboard on screen. I'd try the D2G and the X. Don't just test the keyboard. Make sure it's a phone you want for a year or 2.

xmguy

Reaction score
Exchange exchange exchange!!!

JMHO:)

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

Oh I am. I thought im miss the physical keyboard on the Droid and Droid 2 but the X screen is so large that typing is very easy with few mistakes. I use the multi touch.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.