droid x vs. droid

jasond212000

Reaction score
just wanted to chime in on anybody who has gotten the x. i just bought a droid a few weeks ago but am really digging this droid x. i can swap since i havent had it 30 days yet. is it worth it especially with me wanting to keep up with the newest devices. anybody go from droid to x and just love it way more or should i just stick with the origional one

nailerdog

Reaction score
I went from a Droid to an X and like the device a lot. I miss the 2.2 I was running on the D1. If I can get a version of 2.2 on this hardware without the Moto bloatware I would be elated.

The hardware itself is great and the screen is supurb

cypherx82

Reaction score
I would switch. Droid X can be rooted now and 2.2 is coming within a month or so. Plus all the hardware upgrades.

kpiskin

Reaction score
I think it's worth it. Takes a little getting used to eg. virtual keyboard, and it is physically larger. But the reward is much higher.

WHOisDAN

Reaction score
Droid 2 is going to be released very soon. Return it!

I prefer the Droid X.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It depends on your wants, needs.

The X gives me better reception than my Droid that had a Froyo baseband. The Froyo baseband gave me better reception that any baseband on 2.1

Better reception was the deciding factor for me keeping the X.

OP
J

jasond212000

Reaction score
doe the size bother anyone.(especially with smaller hands).

OP
J

jasond212000

Reaction score
yeah thats what i said. i just mean as far as going to the x from the d1. did it take some getting used to the size. i just want an honest opinion. i know its an awesome phone just would like to be sure about it before i swap

avt123

Reaction score
The switch from the Droid to Droid X has been nothing less that awesome. I love this device more and more every day and can't wait for Froyo. My rooted Droid smokes the X in benchmarks, but it has a lot to do with Froyo. Once this thing gets Froyo it's going to be awesome.

People with the Incredible right now who got the 2.2 leak (no custom ROM) are getting 1200 Quadrant scores... My X is getting 1298 on 2.1.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
yeah thats what i said. i just mean as far as going to the x from the d1. did it take some getting used to the size. i just want an honest opinion. i know its an awesome phone just would like to be sure about it before i swap

He was not repeating your question he was showing you a link to a thread already talking about the Droid X size.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
It depends on your wants, needs.

The X gives me better reception than my Droid that had a Froyo baseband. The Froyo baseband gave me better reception that any baseband on 2.1

Better reception was the deciding factor for me keeping the X.

I agree with the reception on the X - I have way better reception than I did with the D1. I cannot comment as to the rooted version of Froyo as I did not have my D1 rooted. I am excited tho to see what Froyo brings to the X.

As for the size - to me it is more manageable but I think it is because it is slimmer and weighs less.

I would pick the X everyday of the week and twice on Sunday - but it is what you think will work best for you.

mcsinfl

Reaction score
I went from droid to droid x...I also prefer the X, but the size does take some getting used to. I had no problem using the droid one handed, and even though I have large hands, it's a stretch to reach the entire screen one handed on the X