is it safe to charge my droid over night?

yyhh94

Reaction score
i usually start charging it around 12, and it usually has about 20% battery and i plug it off around 7 when i wake up to go to school.

in my previous phone, i had the LG dare, and i think the battery leaked or something so the battery looked kind of fatter(?) because i think i charged it too long... im not sure* and the battery wouldlnt even last 10 minutes;;

so im wondering, for the motorola droid when its done charge, does it stop charging or does it still keep charging??

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i usually start charging it around 12, and it usually has about 20% battery and i plug it off around 7 when i wake up to go to school.

in my previous phone, i had the LG dare, and i think the battery leaked or something so the battery looked kind of fatter(?) because i think i charged it too long... im not sure* and the battery wouldlnt even last 10 minutes;;

so im wondering, for the motorola droid when its done charge, does it stop charging or does it still keep charging??

You can't overcharge these batteries like in the old days. Charge as much as you want to, it's fine.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yes leaving it charging overnight is fine.

It will not cause any damage to the battery.

edit: 3 answers all at once : )

datboijon

Reaction score
i think the problem is just something with the lg dare's battery. i have the dare currently and had the exact same issue after about a year and a half of use. think i saw something online about it iirc.

OP
Y

yyhh94

Reaction score
haha awsome! thanks all for the quick replies

OP
Y

yyhh94

Reaction score
i think the problem is just something with the lg dare's battery. i have the dare currently and had the exact same issue after about a year and a half of use. think i saw something online about it iirc.

yea, i ended up going to the verizon store paying $30 for a replacement battery -_-; after a month i got sick of the dare so i changed it to the droid~ just got it on sunday. its awsome! x9999 better than the LG dare lols

datboijon

Reaction score
ya i bought my dare the day it came out. its been an okay phone but u should of bought ur replacement battery online i got mine for like 7 bucks on amazon lol. but ya im getting the droid in two weeks. cant wait